Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

asphalt makes me sick..

Posted by   + Show Post
were headed to my son speech theraphy and was short on time so we took the interstate instead the back road. There working on them. I didnt know. The asphalt makes me sick smelling it though. We even passed a skunk and i rather have that lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Replies (11-17):
SpiritedDragon
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Asphalt is a gross smell, it makes me sick to my stomach when I smell it.  That and roofing with the tar.  Luckily we don't get either around here were we are.  Must of the time, when they fix the roads around here they just do a quick coat over what is already there.  

Oksana5041
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I get nauseous in traffic. I think it's the emissions that make me sick. To the point of looking for bags to throw up in, but I've yet to throw up.

eds6619
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Me too it's ways bothered me.
FrumpyMama
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Oh Gosh Yes! They were doing something down the road from me and it was blowing in my kitchen window. My stomach churned so bad from the stink.  At first I thought there was something wrong with my eggs. Lol!

Miranda1127
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2012 at 10:30 PM

lol...how said is it that I never really noticed the smell. City born and raised :(

Miranda1127
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Ouch, is he ok?

Quoting soy_latte:

My husband develops properties for the government and large corporations (military bases, hospitals, Target, Winco, etc.). Asphalt and cement are a necessary evil for him. Yesterday he came home with a huge chemical burn. He got too close when guys working with it and rubbed his arm on something. It's pretty nasty stuff, really!

soy_latte
by on May. 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, yeah. It was blistered and raw but not serious.   

Quoting Miranda1127:

Ouch, is he ok?

Quoting soy_latte:

My husband develops properties for the government and large corporations (military bases, hospitals, Target, Winco, etc.). Asphalt and cement are a necessary evil for him. Yesterday he came home with a huge chemical burn. He got too close when guys working with it and rubbed his arm on something. It's pretty nasty stuff, really!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)