Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

The qotd by my 5 year old...................(ot)

Posted by   + Show Post

Mom, why when you were in the hospital didn't you have panties on?(I was in when I had dd #2). 

I asked her how she knew I didn't have on underwear and she says, b/c I saw your butt. LOL.

How have you answered questions like this?

by on May. 31, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Replies (11-16):
JasonsMom2007
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:36 AM
I have this book
http://www.amazon.com/How-Did-God-Make-Me/dp/0310701066/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1338532494&sr=1-1
it gives proper terminology and Imo just the right amount of info.
We went to an 1850s old west recreation today and ds became obsessed with outhouses. All sorts on interesting questions there lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:51 PM

LOL! My 3 yr old asks me when are we going to the doctor so I can have my baby in his bathtub.  (I'm 21 weeks pregnant and I watched a waterbirth wth her one time)

RochelleFS
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Ds is 5 and is the same way. He wanted to know if babies come out your butt. A simple no wasn't enough so I explained that just like you have a place for pee and poop to come out a mommy has a special place in her privates that a baby comes out of. I try to keep things simple and honest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:07 PM

My oldest son is 11yrs old, and is in puberty, we have had the birds and bee talk.  They know about the vagina, and the penis, and how they work together.  Along with what comes out.  My DF drew it all out, lol!  But we were all sitting down talking about it.  I rather let my boys know the straight out truth.  Cause at the age my boys are, they talk with their friends and here stuff at school!  

Quoting soy_latte:

We are super matter of fact with the kids when it comes to reproduction and development. They know that the vagina is the canal the baby comes down between the uterus and the outside. I would have just told them "The person helping the mom catch the baby needs to be able to see and baby needs room to come out."

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Honestly, I am pretty straight forward with my kids. Even my 5 y/o. WHen I was young, my parents bought me a book called "Where Do I Come From". Not sure if it's appropriate for that age or not. I was pretty curious when i was a child, as well.

Miranda1127
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:37 PM

lol...I would have just told her the truth. I would start out small like....'you don't wear undies under a hospital gown b/c it's easier for doctors to examine (check out) your whole body (to make sure it is well) that way'. And then I'd work up to 'babies come out of your vagina, so you can't wear underwear when having a baby.'

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN