Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Junk room.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 16 Replies
I just don't get it. Do other people not have "stuff?". Or are they better at hiding it? Are they better at throwing stuff away? Is their space more manageable?

I am not in a happy place this morning- I am decluttering a spare room so my niece and nephew will have somewhere to sleep. It is a small room- doesn't have *that* much stuff- boxes, the old crib, my guitar, stuff like that- but I am annoyed with myself that I let it get like that. I should also add I have 2 more rooms that look the same (only bigger). They aren't part of my day to day living space- so it isn't a hendrence to me.

Ugh. Sorry- I needed to whine before I head back in there. I would much rather be sewing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:47 AM
My junk room is insane!! There's a bed in it but it would take some work to find it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I don't have a junk room!  We live in a two bedroom apartment, with no storage space.  Well we have a little storage space, but my camping stuff is in there.  As far as my crap, I am still slowly getting rid of things.  So much I want to do, and never enough time, or I just have other priorities instead of that.  lol  Good Luck!  

Nutmeg101
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM
I am going back in :-/ ugh. I wish my kids would behave today... Ratcheting up my stress level- this is going to be fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nutmeg101
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Holy crap. My kids just turned down a movie..... I wa going to give them a bonus "movie night" so I could work- and they turned me down..... Wow. I'm impressed, and yet very frustrated LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nutmeg101
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Taking another break. Crib is down, and stored in the attic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I don't have a junk room.  We live in a 960 sq foot home and don't even have an attic, basement, or garage.  We have 2 bedrooms and then Delaney sleeps in the loft.

We do have 4 sheds outside though.  The bottom one (way down at the bottom of the hill) has the kid's too small stuff in case we have another one.  The biggest one is hubby's "shop".  The metal one holds bikes, the wagon, the lawnmower, etc.  And then there is a smaller wooden one that right now holds everything else we need to store but will be a chicken coup once we finish redoing our deck and such.

mommaGof3
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM
We dont have a junk room but we have an attic so thats where all our stuff goes. Lol. I cant see it and I dont go up there so it doesnt bother me. In our old house we didnt have an attic or a spare room so I was better about taking stuff to the good will or tossing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM
We have a junk carny trailer. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Oh hun, if you could see my house.  You'd feel worlds better.  I need some serious organization. I'm so lost and can't even feel like I can start b/c I'm so overwhelmed. 

RochelleFS
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM
I don't have a junk room. I have a garage. Right now it's a disaster. Lol. Until the addition and remodeling are done we only have 2 bedrooms. Dd has one, ds the other and dh and I have our dressers and king size bed in the living room. Can't wait till the addition is done! I need more space, especially with the baby due in december. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN