Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

baby with mild bronchitis..

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM
  • 7 Replies
we all been sick as u know but i took my 6m baby to the dr today since he has fever. They said he has a touch of bronchitis. Gave us amoxicillion and abuterol. I gave him the abuterol and honestly is scary. He is hyper from it but coughin still the same. I dont like meds. The rest of us are better though just by rest soup and hot teas. He also has a fever with this. I hate this and honestly just want to cry cause i have given steam baths at night and vicks rub on his feet with socks. I got dh out buying a humidifier now. I will be making chicken broth later for him. Is there anything else i can try? Please any experince with this is welcome too. I wish i could give him warm tea with lemon but forgot to ask the dr. Today. Also anyone know about abuterol? Thanks tons again. My other two never got sick this young so its worrysome to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Aww, poor little guy.  I hope he's better soon.

jenmark2010
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Poor baby! Yes, my daughter actually as a new born (about 2 or 3 weeks) had that problem. It was so bad that I took her to the hospital because she just cried for hours and finally cried herself to sleep but I was still scared something really wrong was happening (I was a new mom!). She was SO congested, that they had to take a little red tube and stick it through her nose down into her lungs to suction all the mucus out. As you can imagine, I was crying along with her! Plus they never found out exactly what was wrong with her, except that her white blood cell cout was high, so the hospitalized her for a week and gave her antibiotics. Since then I haven't had her get that bad. I just had to religiously stick to the suction bulb and the saline if I needed it. Good luck to you!!!

JenaSmith
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM
thanks. I would of cried too he has been in the hospital twice once for not keeping a good temp after he was born and just last month for just keeping on throwing up which was his reflux.

Quoting jenmark2010:

Poor baby! Yes, my daughter actually as a new born (about 2 or 3 weeks) had that problem. It was so bad that I took her to the hospital because she just cried for hours and finally cried herself to sleep but I was still scared something really wrong was happening (I was a new mom!). She was SO congested, that they had to take a little red tube and stick it through her nose down into her lungs to suction all the mucus out. As you can imagine, I was crying along with her! Plus they never found out exactly what was wrong with her, except that her white blood cell cout was high, so the hospitalized her for a week and gave her antibiotics. Since then I haven't had her get that bad. I just had to religiously stick to the suction bulb and the saline if I needed it. Good luck to you!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Praying. My son had bronchitis when he was 2 and still has an inhaler for his asthma. They gave him a spacer right? It still makes his heart race but its much better than not being able to breathe!
Make sure you give probiotics to keep away any secondary infections. My little guy was better within a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenaSmith
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM
thank you. They just gave me the abuterol and amoxcillian. I havent given him the amox yet cause he seems better after the one dose of abuterol. Plus his fever is gone for most the day. They told me dont worry about probotics. Also said the antibiotics may not even help cause its a virus. I am confused on it all. He is eating and i got him up playing today. He threw up more snot too so thats a good sign. Its like a wait and see.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Praying. My son had bronchitis when he was 2 and still has an inhaler for his asthma. They gave him a spacer right? It still makes his heart race but its much better than not being able to breathe!

Make sure you give probiotics to keep away any secondary infections. My little guy was better within a week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wendykay1
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM
My dd gets sick with that a lot. she has asthma so when she even gets a little cold it turns into something worse.

first off I know it sucks but give him the amox. med. It will help if he has bronchitis. The abutaral will make his poor heart race but do it before a bath. the bath will help calm him down. to help his breathing also sit in the bathroom with hot water to make it steamy and then stand in front of the open frezer. The hot cold helps.

Good luck and I hope poor baby feels better very soon!
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM
You should always give probiotics. Doctors don't always say to but its proven to replace good bacteria and prevent things like yeast infections. I always give it with antibiotics.

Quoting JenaSmith:

thank you. They just gave me the abuterol and amoxcillian. I havent given him the amox yet cause he seems better after the one dose of abuterol. Plus his fever is gone for most the day. They told me dont worry about probotics. Also said the antibiotics may not even help cause its a virus. I am confused on it all. He is eating and i got him up playing today. He threw up more snot too so thats a good sign. Its like a wait and see.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)