Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living
Don't put anything on your skin you can't put it your mouth.

Does anyone live by this?

Wednesday, I got a couple tattoos with my mom. Normally I heal them with Luberderm fragrance and dye free lotion. Well when we were getting them I asked the tattoo artist if he had heard of healing them with coconut oil. He said he had no idea. For the first few days you have to use neosporin or triple antibiotic or whatever right? Well John and I were talking about how coconut oil can double as chap stick but neosporin can't be ingested, but it can soak into your skin and be okay? It just doesn't make sense. So I think I'm going to finish healing these tats with coconut oil. I used it on them earlier and it was just fine. I just put the lotion on and it burns a little.
Hmmm......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
SpiritedDragon
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I have gotten to this point.  Everything I have made from my healing balm to lotion, I can eat it.  Well, sorta if you want to eat beeswax.  lol!  

Miranda1127
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Sounds like a good rule. I really don't put much on my skin at all. Coconut oil on my elbows and knees, but that's about it. Let me know how it goes w/ the tat. I'm planing on getting a new one....some day :(....and I'd like to know how that worked out.

SalmonBerry87
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I don't mind. :)

Quoting cemcnair:

I love this! Care if I share in another group? We were having a conversation yesterday about the baby shampoo and chemicals...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Oh, good idea!!! Let me know! I am allergic to neosporin and it screwed up my lower back tattoo when I got it (all these stupid little bumps that won't go away). So I don't use it ever (or bacetracin for that matter b/c I am not sure which ingredient of Neosporin I am allergic to). I'm intereseted to know what happens!

squeekers
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:29 AM

i'd have just poked a Vitamin E and rubbed that onto the tat.

ihave1
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:40 AM

FYI~ Coconut oil is great for hair!    rub it in leave it for a while & then wash it.

ihave1
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Quoting squeekers:

i'd have just poked a Vitamin E and rubbed that onto the tat.

Vitamin E   works well for diaper rashes too.

stormcris
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Tatto goo has coconut oil in it. But, if you have even the slightest allergy (which you can have and not know it) it will bubble your skin up and cause sores.

SalmonBerry87
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh no that's horrible! Well I used neosporin and first but now the CO is working just fine. :)

Quoting bhwrn1:

Oh, good idea!!! Let me know! I am allergic to neosporin and it screwed up my lower back tattoo when I got it (all these stupid little bumps that won't go away). So I don't use it ever (or bacetracin for that matter b/c I am not sure which ingredient of Neosporin I am allergic to). I'm intereseted to know what happens!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evilangel198431
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM

actually no you are not supposed to use any kind of antibiotic ointment because that is supposed to help prevent scarring and a tattoo is a scar. it can mess up the tattoo. or at least thats what the artist that did mine told me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)