1. Prepare the food
2. Sanitize the jars (dishwasher works perfect for this)
3. Fill the jars to 1/2 inch of the top. Using a large funnel with a big opening helps!
4. Wipe the rims
5. Bring the lids to a boil
6. Put a lid and ring on each
7. Immerse similar size jars in water bath for designated amount of time. Make sure they are on the rack and lids under water so they are surrounded on all sides. Don't start timing until the water is boiling.
8. Take the jars out using jar tongs (which my mom forgot to bring so we ended up using regular tongs. Quite difficult) put them on a towel to dry preferably in a draft free are.
9. Check the lids and make sure they all popped.
that's it! Its easy!