When a series of storms hit the mid-Atlantic region knocking out power for millions of people during a horrific 100-degree temps heatwave, you'd think there would be at least one tiny little silver lining: Your electric bill would be lower that month. But apparently that wasn't the case with Pepco customers. Those who didn't have power for days or even weeks, like Gawker writer Drew Magary, still had to pay up the same as if they'd been home chillin' in the AC, scarfing gelato, and watching Game of Thrones. Magary, who lives in Washington, D.C., was without power for a whole week. But apparently that mattered none to his electric company, Pepco. Rants Magary:

Pepco [is] THE SINGLE WORST COMPANY ON THE FACE OF THE F*CKING EARTH. In fact, calling it a company is an insult to other companies, even sh*tty ones like Goldman Sachs and Disney.

But tell us how you really feel, Drew!

According to Magary, Pepco doesn't need to cut its customers a break, even when, you know, they're not using any power or can use any power, because of a Maryland law that protects Pepco from any drop in revenue. That would be like walking into Walmart, seeing the store is empty, leaving, and being sent a bill for $50.

I'm not a power supplier expert, but my guess is this is so Pepco can compete with bigger power companies like ConEd. Presumably, this "bill stabilization adjustment" (as its euphemistically called) would bring down electric power prices in general. But it could also mean that the company is just anevil, world-dominating, little-people-crushing SCAM. I'll let you guess which one Magary thinks.

Magary fumes that Pepco's CEO, Joseph Rigby, for whom he coins some colorful terms, has made $9 million running the company. He also wishes that Rigby is "forced to eat his own tits." Can you tell that Magary is mad?

Hey, I'd be mad too. When power went out for a week last year in Connecticut, the power company made automated phone calls to customers assuring them this would be reflected in their bills. So Pepco sounds kind of Dr. Evil-ish to me. Any time a company can't provide the service its being paid for, the customer shouldn't have to pay. End ... of ... story.

How has your power company acted during outages?