Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

oh boy another animal

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:28 AM
  • 9 Replies
We went to open house at the school tonight to promote our upcoming church carnival. The 4-h group was there and I had told Jason he could join so we went over to talk to them.
they told him about a few of their verified projects. Hes excited about arts and crafts, fisheries and wildlife, and rabbits. Apparently even 5 year olds can raise a rabbit and take it to fair. They are eligable for best of breed and they do showmanship for a participation ribbon.
so it looks like there is a rabbit in our future!
Btw 3 people planning a church carnival that draws 1,000 is a ton of work. Tomorrow is set up. The carnival is Saturday, and Sunday is clean up. I wont be around much until Monday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nutmeg101
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Girl- you are wonderwoman. Have a great weekend!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Awww! Those bunnies are always so cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RochelleFS
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds fun! I've been wanted to have my kids join 4H in our area but it will have to wait until spring when things have settled down a bit around here. Good luck with the carnival!

SpiritedDragon
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Meg, you are wonder woman!  Hope you have a very eventful carnival!  It sounds like it would be a blast!  

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Thanks ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
she_walk_softly
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM
That will be fun! do you know what breed yet? My boy is in 4h with the horses.The kids really get into it.It takes some research to grow a prize winning bunny :)
My girl will be old enough to do Jr.4H next year and she do her dog "why" or one of our laying hens..can't wait!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Have a fun weekend! I'm glad you're finding great activities for Jason to partake in. He's a lucky kiddo. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM
County fairs and 4 H are wonderful and a blessing for families to have. We go every year and it's been 40 yrs and counting. Now our grandchildren love going as much. We had a house rabbit named Barnaby Good Bun. ( believe it or not, he was eaten, the morning after a big snow storm, in our fence by a large owl). He was litter trained, and went in and out a little doggy door. He wouldn't use the litter, but always used the back cornor of the newspaper we kept under it. He would chew furniture and cords, so he was limited to our kitchen and laundry room. The dogs and cats loved him and looked after him. They have to be handled gently and not allowed to get overweight. He always earned a carrot every time he came when called. He dug himself a den under our little barn, but liked to sleep inside better. Have fun at the carnival.:-)
LuvMySavage
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Agreed :-)

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

I agree with Meg, you are wonder woman!  Hope you have a very eventful carnival!  It sounds like it would be a blast!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)