Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

How can i have a green 5yr old birthday party.

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son is turning 5 and i want to do something big but also not allot money or wasteful and want it as green as possible. Such as invitations. Decor. And goody bags. Also any ideas if i got permission to bring a something to his school. Thanks tons ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RochelleFS
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

We've done the kids parties at local forest preserves and nature centers. We did scavenger hunts and made crafts from what the kids found. You could use recycled or repurposed paper to make invitations and decorations from upcycled materials. Old bottles or jars make good containers for goody bags. Jars are also great for making bug houses that the kids could decorate and take home. seed paper that the kids can plant for a fall garden is fun as a part of the goody bag too.

mommaGof3
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM
These are really good ideas! My brain is not working right at the moment and I kept drawing blanks

Quoting RochelleFS:

We've done the kids parties at local forest preserves and nature centers. We did scavenger hunts and made crafts from what the kids found. You could use recycled or repurposed paper to make invitations and decorations from upcycled materials. Old bottles or jars make good containers for goody bags. Jars are also great for making bug houses that the kids could decorate and take home. seed paper that the kids can plant for a fall garden is fun as a part of the goody bag too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
am4nda
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I've encountered a thread before about throwing a green birthday party. Here's the link: http://www.cafemom.com/group/115201/forums/read/16679267/Throw_a_Green_Birthday_Party_Its_Fun_and_Easy?last#last
Hope you could get more ideas.

Miranda1127
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I just through a pretty green party for my 6yr old. We did e-vites (he made his own invitations on the computer and we e-mailed/texted them out. Our goodie bags were theme related, but pretty generic. They were just little wooden chests from A.C.Moore. We filled them w/ some small backed goods as well as candies that went along w/ our theme. Our decorations and crafts were made w/ cardboard (my sister just moved so I collected her discarded boxes). We played an angry bird game where the kids shot old milk jugs w/ a sling shot and golf balls (younger kids who couldn't manipulate the slingshot threw balls).

Pintrest is a great source for ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN