Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

less paint and better green selling on labels

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

Soda cans

plastic wrapped food, ex: breads, fruits, paper packed items wrapped into plastic.

Frozen plastic packed items.

Most of these have plenty of painted on labels, with way too much paint and coloring and wasting so much extra time and money. 

Whatever happened to the green movement , and what happened when tons of items were packed into brown paper wrappings, or just plain black and white painted labels. 

Even the brown paper was conservative, and it could be just printed modestly.

I think soda cans get way.too.much. paint. and labeling on them.  Even the cardboard could use less color. Brown again, ...just fine.

We consume the product not the wrapping.

by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I agree. However it is proven people eat with their eyes more 'pop' and most and more people are likely to grab it off the shelves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Most of it is ink not paint (not that it matters). But I agree, less is more. Like Chrissy said though, branding sells.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vikkimus
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

we do eat with our eyes first but there are loads of ways to make "green" wrapping attractive with out using all the ink and crap.

mommaGof3
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM
They do ot that way cause its cheap and attracts people to their product. Its all about the money the company can make. Most arent concerned with the earth or health, they are just concerned with how much money they can put in their pockets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miranda1127
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM

but we see the wrapping, humans in general are visual creatures. Wrapping is often what sells the product. But I do agree, I would probably chose a more green label over an over done one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)