Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living
How much trash does your household produce a week? How much recycling? How much compost?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Replies (11-15):
SpiritedDragon
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I am going to have to figure this one out.  I don't get to compost since we are in an apartment, recycling, I still need to pick up bins.  So for our trash, it's about 2-3 bags for a week.  Not much.  Since we use alot of reusable things.  =)  

LuvMySavage
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Trash goes to the curb about once a month, usually half full. We produce next to no garbage. Everything is either composted or recycled.

Recyling goes to the curb every two weeks. We could really cut back on prepackaged items to reduce the recyling needs.

Our compost gets the most action. I have a really small compost basket that needs emptied a few times a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

about two bags of trash a week and 1 bag of recycling and that mostly includes cans or plastic. no compost.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM
That's great, Des!! I hope one day my compost will be more used than anything else. We are working on getting away from pre packaged items as well, but we move slow :/

Quoting LuvMySavage:

Trash goes to the curb about once a month, usually half full. We produce next to no garbage. Everything is either composted or recycled.

Recyling goes to the curb every two weeks. We could really cut back on prepackaged items to reduce the recyling needs.

Our compost gets the most action. I have a really small compost basket that needs emptied a few times a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
About the same as you Courtney. 1-1 1/2 bags of recycling. Maybe a 1/4 of compost 1/2 landfill trash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)