Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Check this out....

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM
  • 8 Replies

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/20/13986089-mom-who-smooshed-sons-alleged-bully-no-regrets?lite

In some ways I can't blame her.  I am not sure what I would have done if I was put in a situtation like that with my kids.  If it is taken care of by the school, I agree that I would confront the kid and parents of the kid!  

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
chrissysnow22
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM
In light of the way bullying gets handled in some areas I understand why she did what she did. However I wonder did she go through the school system, contact the parents?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Probably not the best way to go about it, but yeah, if nothing's being done, I'm not going to keep letting my kid get bullied either!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaGof3
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM
I would have taken it to the parents first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miranda1127
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM
I think she went way over board. Dd had a 'stalker' in k-2. The boy was very much a k-2 version of a creepy stalker. He follwed her everywhere (including the bathroom). He even followed her home a few times and left her little boy versions of creepy notes. Now I get calling a 5-7 yr old a stalker is a bit much, which is why I never used that word irl when referring to the situation. But he was out of control and the school wrote it off like it was cute. So, one day dh waited for her at the crosswalk (we lifespan across the street from school so let her walk across the street) and told the boy to never follow her again. He scared the crap out of the kid.

My point, I do think that its ok to step in when the school drops the ball, but 5 or 15... Putting your hands on a kid is way overboard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smileber
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I have to agree with Miranda1127. I understand her concern for her child. The momma lion in her came out. She had to do what she felt was necessary to protect her child.

Had it been me, the situation would have gone to the school. If nothing happened, the parents. If nothing happened (or if the matter is actually physical), the cops.

However, lashing out on a minor is just going overboard, and is asking for even more trouble than it is worth.

SpiritedDragon
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I am the same way, I take appropriated steps with the school to handle the situation.  If it doesn't get handle through the school, I will face to parents, if the parents won't do anything, then depending how bad it is... yeah...  

eds6619
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Wow.....You know when things are being handled properly...maybe she just couldn't take it anymore.

Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM

wow this is crazy, I understand but at the same time she did go overboard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN