Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Vegan/veggies...newbies and veterans

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay so I am trying like hell to eat a more plant based, whole foods diet and im still learning, its like relearning how to cook!! So im thinking it would be much easier if we do it together:) I am wonder who would like to join me in making the switch, and vets please feel free to join in with all your knowledge, please!!

I figured what we could do is each of us post one recipe of a meal we had, or a snack, each day (breakfast, lunch, or dinner you choose which). That way we all learn new recipes.

So what do you think, whose in???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Replies (11-16):
Groove
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM
yes. Dice 1 onion, 6 cloves of garlic, 1 bell pepper. add to soup pot w EVOO and sautee til transparent. Add black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, 2 cans diced tomatoes. Mix. Add 2tbsp of chili powder (dash cayenne, optional). Simmer for at least an hour. Its really basic so you can add literally anything. I like to add veggies like grated carrots and corn. I eat on top of vegan pasta noodles and when i feel frivolous, i add vegan cheese.

Quoting vanityrayne:

3 bean chilli? May I have the recipe please? Can be here or pm me:)...

Quoting Groove:

i am vegan. I had a tomatoe and cucumber sandwich for lunch and i have a 3 bean chilli simmering on my strove til 4pm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn355
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay, this is great!

I had oatmeal with raisins apples and coconut milk for breakfast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soy_latte
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I had a black bean burrito for lunch.

Last night for dinner we had butternut squash soup (golden potatos, corn, squash, coconut milk and veggie stock).

Tonight for dinner we're having a spinach quiche. 

Nutmeg101
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Tonight- I was lazy and my dinner is organic corn chips with quinoa and cheese- warmed like nachos. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM

You should really check out the recipes post stickied here in the group.  I'm always adding recipes there.  You probably would love a lot of them!

MockingJay
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I have been a vegetarian for 25 years. I usually eat a vegan diet to control my high cholesterol. It is really not all that hard to make the change. You can start by using your regular recipes and substituting with veggie things. I love my crock pot, and make things in it about once a week, sticking some things in the freezer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN