Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Wildfire near my town...

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM
  • 9 Replies
Good vibes very much needed ladies. (Or a rain dance...? Lol) There's a 150+acre wildfire just north of the town I live in. And it's creeping in. I live out of town, on the opposite side of where this is happening. But it is still scary. I'm kind of freaking out. We haven't had any measurable rain for the past couple months.

Here's the story. (Sorry its not clicky)

http://www.king5.com/news/local/5-acre-brush-fire-threatening-power-lines-homes-in-Mason-County-172735831.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chrissysnow22
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Oh no! I'm praying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Eeek! I hope they contain it quickly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Thanks ladies. They got it 30% under control last night. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse during the day.
We were without power for over an hour yeasterday and we found out that a fire truck on their way to the big fire hit a telephone pole on our road and started a mini-fire! *SMH*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Not good Sam!  I hope everyone you know stays safe.  I hope things get better soon and I am sending positive thoughts, and I will dance around naked later.  lol

cabrandy03
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Wildfires are scary.  The town I grew up in California has almost burned down numerous times over the years.  I will send some prayers and positive thoughts your way.

SalmonBerry87
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:24 AM
LOL!! Thanks Alison!! Ha ha ha! So far it still hasn't reached any homes but it's up to 200 acres.

Quoting SpiritedDragon:

Not good Sam!  I hope everyone you know stays safe.  I hope things get better soon and I am sending positive thoughts, and I will dance around naked later.  lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalmonBerry87
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:26 AM
They are! Normally WA is so wet we don't have to worry about them but this year we have had so many it's ridiculous! I think there's one in Eastern WA still burning also....

Quoting cabrandy03:

Wildfires are scary.  The town I grew up in California has almost burned down numerous times over the years.  I will send some prayers and positive thoughts your way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pampire
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I knew from the title that you were in WA!  Hang in there mama!

SalmonBerry87
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Thanks Pam. :) Right now it's "contained" but still burning like 200+ acres.

Quoting pampire:

I knew from the title that you were in WA!  Hang in there mama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)