Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

my little brag

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:48 PM
  • 8 Replies
I went clothes shopping today because I am so tired of my clothes falling off of me.
I was a size 12-14 pants but now I'm a 6-8!
I was a size Xl shirt but now I'm a med!
I hate clothes shopping but boy did that feel good. Its so nice to have clothes that fit! Yes, I bought new because the thrift stores around here are terrible. Overpriced, falling apart clothes. Like $10 for a pair of worn out jeans bad.
I'm going to give my now too big clothes to my mom. I just bought a bunch of Levi jeans at the end of winter last year so she is really getting lucky here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM
That's wonderful Lisa!!! You deserve some new clothes!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Go Lisa!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabear0791
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM

That is great! Are you eating wise and exercising? I've lost some weight, and two pants sizes - but I really need to exercise more to get the flab tighter. I was a size 18 a year ago, now some 14s fit, but my shirt size is the same.

SalmonBerry87
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Way to go Lisa!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I'm in the maintance phase of the anti candida diet my holistic doctor put my family on. He also discovered I am allergic to wheat.

Quoting mamabear0791:

That is great! Are you eating wise and exercising? I've lost some weight, and two pants sizes - but I really need to exercise more to get the flab tighter. I was a size 18 a year ago, now some 14s fit, but my shirt size is the same.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 10:55 AM
And thanks ladies. I go next month to see if my "autoimmune" disorder is gone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabear0791
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 1:45 PM

A year ago, I had to have my gallbladder removed, and since then, I haven't been able to eat any dairy, and I've had to add more fiber to my diet to help with the diverticulosis, and I think just those changes have helped me tremendously. I am also avoiding red meat and pork. I switched to black beans and quinoa to replace proteins. Other than the weight loss, I have more energy, less asthma, and I sleep better since I changed my diet. I also have several food allergies - including coconut, mushrooms, fish (all for now - doc is gonna test me later this year) and aspartame. I'm seeing an allergist who pushes whole foods, and a kosher diet because he feels that it is much better for our bodies. I've been studying it to see if it fits with me, but I'm still undecided on it, yet. The allergist also wants me to try the anti-candida diet since I have a sensitivity to yeasts, but he wants me to wait until after the next round of tests.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I'm in the maintance phase of the anti candida diet my holistic doctor put my family on. He also discovered I am allergic to wheat.

Quoting mamabear0791:

JasonsMom2007
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Good luck! Its really tough at first but it is getting much easier now.
Ive been a vegetarian for years. Meat hurts my stomach :(

Quoting mamabear0791:

A year ago, I had to have my gallbladder removed, and since then, I haven't been able to eat any dairy, and I've had to add more fiber to my diet to help with the diverticulosis, and I think just those changes have helped me tremendously. I am also avoiding red meat and pork. I switched to black beans and quinoa to replace proteins. Other than the weight loss, I have more energy, less asthma, and I sleep better since I changed my diet. I also have several food allergies - including coconut, mushrooms, fish (all for now - doc is gonna test me later this year) and aspartame. I'm seeing an allergist who pushes whole foods, and a kosher diet because he feels that it is much better for our bodies. I've been studying it to see if it fits with me, but I'm still undecided on it, yet. The allergist also wants me to try the anti-candida diet since I have a sensitivity to yeasts, but he wants me to wait until after the next round of tests.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting mamabear0791:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN