Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

a warning about soap nuts

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

I was making some laundry soap and I hate using the dried nuts in my washer.  They are a pain to dig out between loads!  I thought I would boost them a little with some castile soap and such.  So I boiled the soap nuts, added the castile soap and thought I would throw in some baking soda for some extra cleaning power.

Yeah, bad idea.  FYI baking soda and soap nuts are a bit like baking soda and vinegar.  It went everywhere!  At least it will clean everything it touches lol.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
acrylicmom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM

i saw these on Shark Tank....

never had heard of them before.  so is there a way to still make your clothes smell good or would that negate the entire purpose of using them? lol idk....

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Really?  They were on shark tank?  They've been around forever lol.  I mean natives used to use them in other countries thousands of years ago.

I have a lavender sachet I throw in the dryer to make my clothes smell good.  Or I use some EOs mixed with vinegar on a rag in the dryer sometimes too.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Lol!! Awesome!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Funny

chrissysnow22
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Aww man lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN