Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Soft Cup Panic Attack (A little gross, but kinda funny)

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

I fully intend to start using the Diva Cup, but I refuse to pay shipping and handling when there's a store relatively close by that sells them.  The problem is that the store is about 40 min away and not near anything else that I need or do on a regular basis so I haven't gotten down there yet.

My period started yesterday so I decided to go to the Walgreen's by my house and get the Instead Soft Cup.  I figured it'd be good practice.  Put one in last night and slept on it.  No problem.  I put a new one in this morning...again no problem...and went to work.  After lunch I could kind of feel something wasn't right so I figure I have to empty it.  I get in the stall and reach for it and...I couldn't find it! 

I kept reminding myself that it can't get lost, that there's literally no place for it to go and yet I could feel myself starting to hyperventilate.  At the same time I'm trying not to get messy and also trying not to alert anyone else in the multi-stall bathroom that I'm having a problem.  Just when I thought I was literally going to have to roll up my sleeve and go all in...I feel the rim.

OMG!  I've never been so relieved in my life!  After trying not to make a sound during my entire search and rescue procedure, I actually chuckled out loud.  I gotta go and get my Diva Cup.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM
LOL! That's funny! Glad you found it :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Lol ive always been afraid of that happening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ronda2012
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM

My diaphram likes to do that! LMFAO! It's like going speulunking in there sometimes!

anotherandree
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Lol! "Search and rescue!" Hahahahaha! The Diva Cup is much easier...
Pink.Frosting
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I always have a fear that I'm going to end up with a defective tampon and the string will simply pop off when I try to remove it. 

Phoenix_Rising
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:32 PM

LOLOL! ive been super curious about diva cup since it caught my eye in the health food store... no idea really anything about it or how it works. is it as painful and awkward as it sounds?

Babujai
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM
2 moms liked this
There's a whole series on YouTube about menstrual cups that really had me convinced to make the change. The Soft Cup isn't painful or awkward once you know what you're doing...just a little unreliable in my few days of experience. I'm expecting Diva Cup to be more reliable and more ecologically sound.

Quoting Phoenix_Rising:

LOLOL! ive been super curious about diva cup since it caught my eye in the health food store... no idea really anything about it or how it works. is it as painful and awkward as it sounds?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Phoenix_Rising
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:14 PM

i'll have to check it out, thanks! :)

Quoting Babujai:

There's a whole series on YouTube about menstrual cups that really had me convinced to make the change. The Soft Cup isn't painful or awkward once you know what you're doing...just a little unreliable in my few days of experience. I'm expecting Diva Cup to be more reliable and more ecologically sound.

Quoting Phoenix_Rising:

chrissysnow22
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Lol lol lol!!!
Definite go get that diva cup! I love it
SalmonBerry87
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Too funny!! The DivaCup is WAY better than those soft cups. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)