Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lunches for school (probably stupid)...Bento Boxes

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:19 AM
  • 13 Replies

Ok so this is long..... I am SO sorry but I am in desperate need of some help. 

So my currently homeschooled kids (dd3, ds6) are going to start private school at an amazing fine arts school in January.  I found some amazing Bento Boxes and thermoses for them. My issue is what to send so they do not get tired of lunches. At home I have mostly let them graze through lunch and our main meals have been breakfast and dinner. I am open to any and all ideas but there are a few guidelines; we do eat 90% organic, I am a horrid cook, my dd is severely lactose- intolerant and has SPD so she is picky (any fruit, a few green veggies and carrots and chicken and fish)

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest has spd too. I don't have any ideas for you though. My son is homeschooled and when we go to workshops (charter school) I usually take dinner leftovers to reheat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Homeschoolmom99
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Try this site great for no milk since vegan see what you can find

Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking

A site for the Public Access Cable show The Post Punk Kitchen. Learn how to bake vegan cakes and make your own seitan.

www.theppk.com - Cached

MedicMommy2
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Thank you both, I feel bad but I think I am more freaked out that the school is going to think I am a certifiable nutcase...which is highly likely, we just don't need the school knowing. I want to make sure they get enough and it is balanced enough. 

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Well you aren't alone. Pretty sure some at school think I'm a nutcase. The academic counselor insists there's nothing wrong with my son. Hes just too sweet and kind to have violent meltdowns. Yeah right...

Quoting MedicMommy2:

Thank you both, I feel bad but I think I am more freaked out that the school is going to think I am a certifiable nutcase...which is highly likely, we just don't need the school knowing. I want to make sure they get enough and it is balanced enough. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM
LOL! You aren't a nut Lisa!! Just a good mom :)

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Well you aren't alone. Pretty sure some at school think I'm a nutcase. The academic counselor insists there's nothing wrong with my son. Hes just too sweet and kind to have violent meltdowns. Yeah right...

Quoting MedicMommy2:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Thanks. Some days I feel like a nut. I'm coming to realize that one of our challenges is he doesn't understand cause and effect so he truly thinks I'm being mean when I discipline him instead of realizing its a consequence of his actions.
and now the school nurse is mad at me but whatever.

Quoting cemcnair:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting MedicMommy2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Why is she mad at you?!?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Thanks. Some days I feel like a nut. I'm coming to realize that one of our challenges is he doesn't understand cause and effect so he truly thinks I'm being mean when I discipline him instead of realizing its a consequence of his actions.

Quoting cemcnair:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting MedicMommy2:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I called and cancelled her evaluation with Jason today and she will probably get in trouble for it.  But she's had 60 days to do this.  I'm not the one who set it up last minute.  We have to be at church tonight, his IEP tomorrow, Friday he has play practice for 2 hours, 5 hour play practice Saturday then a play we are going to go see, he has to do his play twice Sunday morning.  We can't not do any of those things and we really need our rest because none of us are feeling good right now.  Just a head cold and not even a terrible one but enough that we need rest at this point instead of running all over the place.  The meeting with the nurse and theatre at school are the only possible things we can miss.

Quoting cemcnair:

Why is she mad at you?!?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting cemcnair:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting MedicMommy2:

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
VioletsMomTown
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I make pancakes which consist of half a banana mashed, one spoon of cashew butter, one spoon of macadamia butter (or one spoonful of coconut flour) and one egg all beaten together and fried in coconut oil. Then I cut them up into bite size pieces. They are dairy, gluten, grain and sugar free...and delicious! I send green smoothies with my daughter to school, so she gets her veggies there...

Violet's Mom

Twitter @autismnotebook

MedicMommy2
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Quoting VioletsMomTown:

I make pancakes which consist of half a banana mashed, one spoon of cashew butter, one spoon of macadamia butter (or one spoonful of coconut flour) and one egg all beaten together and fried in coconut oil. Then I cut them up into bite size pieces. They are dairy, gluten, grain and sugar free...and delicious! I send green smoothies with my daughter to school, so she gets her veggies there...

That actually sounds amazing. How do you make a good veggie smoothie? I am always scared they are going to taste garden-y.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)