Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

What's your least GREEN habit?

Posted by   + Show Post

I take extremely long hot showers.  Every quarter when I get the water bill I swear I'm going to do better, but once I'm under the water I forget.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Replies (11-15):
greenmommo
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM
We have an old, paid for truck. It guzzles, but we can't afford another car payment right now and we need it for hauling wood and recycle as ironic as that is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I wasn't sure how I'd make a car payment after my paid for guzzler died, but I did the math...I'm making my payments with the money I'm saving on gas. I went from a 6 cylinder car to a 4 cylinder car though. Don't know if you could do as well going from a truck to a truck.

Quoting greenmommo:

We have an old, paid for truck. It guzzles, but we can't afford another car payment right now and we need it for hauling wood and recycle as ironic as that is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I didn't realize bleach wasn't green. Isn't it a natural product?

Quoting vanityrayne:

I use bleach:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Our SUV.  It's a gas guzzler (even with flex fuel) AND we'll drive 30, 40, 50 miles ONE WAY just to shop at a "local" organic grocery store.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:33 AM
Hey I have to drive 40 miles to shop at any reasonably priced grocery store so I feel you there.
we leave the light on our stairs on all night. We have both tripped over stuff the kids left there and since dd sleeps in the loft we can't just turn it on to go up and down the stairs.
We don't really recycle due to lack of availability :(

Quoting Alyson121:

Our SUV.  It's a gas guzzler (even with flex fuel) AND we'll drive 30, 40, 50 miles ONE WAY just to shop at a "local" organic grocery store.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)