Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

I have slacked off!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Oh my... I haven't not been good lately.  Not only with my eating habits... but with my green habits.  I don't know what happened.  Yet, I need to get back into the swing of things, which I hope too soon.  So how has everyone been?  I haven't been on in ages, plus I deleted my old profile!  

by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalmonBerry87
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Wtf?! I was wondering where the hell you've been! Lol. Still doing good with the green habits besides not being able to CD at the moment. Meat has been the least green thing added back in. But we've just been eating fish, organic turkey bacon, chicken... and we're planning on paying my sister to raise us a few chickens when she does hers next year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthy_dragon
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I know I know.... lol!  Well the meat thing... we still haven't kicked the habit. But definitly the start of 2013, I am going to become a strick veggie.  Wheather it kills me or not.  But it's a work in progress...  But the chicken thing sounds neat.  

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Wtf?! I was wondering where the hell you've been! Lol. Still doing good with the green habits besides not being able to CD at the moment. Meat has been the least green thing added back in. But we've just been eating fish, organic turkey bacon, chicken... and we're planning on paying my sister to raise us a few chickens when she does hers next year.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Dec. 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Pretty green here. I think winter and this pregnancy have zapped a lot of my energy :(
SalmonBerry87
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Yeah I feel pretty guilty, we've had a few rotisserie (spelling?) From the store cause raw meat still kind of grosses me out. I have got organic/nitrate free turkey bacon though. And sardines, tuna, and we had a friend give us a seabass. But I want to buy chickens from my sister because I know they are healthy and well cared for. I think you can get organic/cuelty free chicken at Costco, but we don't have an account.
And being a vegetarian isn't for everyone, but try it out and see how it agrees with you! :)

Quoting earthy_dragon:

I know I know.... lol!  Well the meat thing... we still haven't kicked the habit. But definitly the start of 2013, I am going to become a strick veggie.  Wheather it kills me or not.  But it's a work in progress...  But the chicken thing sounds neat.  

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

earthy_dragon
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM

My big thing is too cut it out as much as possible.  With having two pre-teen boys in the house... it won't happen completely.  I just want to eat better, but my body does get that craving for red meat.  

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Yeah I feel pretty guilty, we've had a few rotisserie (spelling?) From the store cause raw meat still kind of grosses me out. I have got organic/nitrate free turkey bacon though. And sardines, tuna, and we had a friend give us a seabass. But I want to buy chickens from my sister because I know they are healthy and well cared for. I think you can get organic/cuelty free chicken at Costco, but we don't have an account.
And being a vegetarian isn't for everyone, but try it out and see how it agrees with you! :)

Quoting earthy_dragon:

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

SalmonBerry87
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:42 PM
I think the most important thing (besides portion control obviously) is making sure you get GOOD meat. As in, organic/cruelty free. Its hard and more expensive but in the long run it's worth it. Same with eggs.

Quoting earthy_dragon:

My big thing is too cut it out as much as possible.  With having two pre-teen boys in the house... it won't happen completely.  I just want to eat better, but my body does get that craving for red meat.  

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

Quoting earthy_dragon:

Quoting SalmonBerry87:

EDDES
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Well, ladies, Hi, I have been running around doing stuff....I guess we are all busy and exhausted at times but I do have my Jack LaLane Juicer which I am going to take off the top of the frig and use for my juicing again...my five year old only drinks apple juice but I might be able to convince him to drink grape juice.

I just love the parsley with apples and some sweet pear in it. I love the carrots with the orange and ginger in it. I also love to mix up some berries like blueberries with cherries and mandarines and some ice water.

The Pineapple in the juicer works very well with lime juice and ginger and some orange.

I love to mix spinach with pear and apple together very nice and sweet.

SalmonBerry87
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you could do a commercial for them. :)
Not that they don't have enough obnoxious infomercials.

Quoting EDDES:

Well, ladies, Hi, I have been running around doing stuff....I guess we are all busy and exhausted at times but I do have my Jack LaLane Juicer which I am going to take off the top of the frig and use for my juicing again...my five year old only drinks apple juice but I might be able to convince him to drink grape juice.

I just love the parsley with apples and some sweet pear in it. I love the carrots with the orange and ginger in it. I also love to mix up some berries like blueberries with cherries and mandarines and some ice water.

The Pineapple in the juicer works very well with lime juice and ginger and some orange.

I love to mix spinach with pear and apple together very nice and sweet.

chrissysnow22
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Hey there! I have slacked off completely 😞
Franklin started eating out again so I stopped cooking. My job makes me taste all the meat everyday for quality so not a vegetarian, and I have had absolutely NO energy so I haven't made anything except laundry detergent. I feel horrible but I am determined to get back this year.

What have you been up to? How is the married life? The boys?
earthy_dragon
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I know the feeling.  Things have been crazy... business is booming!  lol...  I haven't barely kept up with my house work.  We are moving into a house this weekend, so I have been working and trying to pack.  I haven't been very successful on getting everything together.  But I am determined to get back on track after we settle back in and get on a routine again.  I

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Hey there! I have slacked off completely 😞
Franklin started eating out again so I stopped cooking. My job makes me taste all the meat everyday for quality so not a vegetarian, and I have had absolutely NO energy so I haven't made anything except laundry detergent. I feel horrible but I am determined to get back this year.

What have you been up to? How is the married life? The boys?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)