Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Pain Relievers

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 18 Replies

I have found that I can not take over the counter pain medicine anymore.  Sadly, I guess I have taken it too much and it hurts my stomach.  The other couple of days I had the absolute worst sinus headache and really needed something ASAP before it turned migraine.   

What is your headache or body pain remedy?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I take about a tablespoon of olive oil and add three drops of lavender eo and three drops of peppermint eo. Apply to temples and neck!
Also, if your sinuses are blocked, a neti pot (with sterilized water) works wonders.
Feel better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by Hippie Bombshell on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Quoting cemcnair:

I take about a tablespoon of olive oil and add three drops of lavender eo and three drops of peppermint eo. Apply to temples and neck!
Also, if your sinuses are blocked, a neti pot (with sterilized water) works wonders.
Feel better!

I somtimes get sinus headaches too. Thanks for the tip!

ameraznkimko
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't use OTC medications anymore..I use essential oils for pain relief...peppermint oil on my temples and my neck for my headaches..a blend called M-Grain for migraines..I massage my temples with it and lay down and it works amazingly.
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm telling you, that headache rub works better than most OTC meds anyway!

Quoting Chillisarah:

Quoting cemcnair:

Feel better!

I somtimes get sinus headaches too. Thanks for the tip!

Momforhealth
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Does anyone know anything about willow?
I have discovered that ginger root is comparable to ibuprofen for arthritic pain. I bought some for something else and realized my pain was gone. I researched it and it's true. Now I shred up some of th he root and simmer strain and drink in a tea. Have not tried for headache pain. ibprofen...was fast and easy to grab.
Momforhealth
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Where do I find MGrain? I had a pain rub that usually works but this time it was not working. I will also spray lavender around. Thank you.

Quoting ameraznkimko:

I don't use OTC medications anymore..I use essential oils for pain relief...peppermint oil on my temples and my neck for my headaches..a blend called M-Grain for migraines..I massage my temples with it and lay down and it works amazingly.
Momforhealth
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I love neti pots. They really work!
Thanks. I will try this too. I have a rub that usually works but I will try the oils this way next time.

Quoting cemcnair:

Feel better!
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Very nice tip!
I have not heard of willow for headaches, but for skin ailments.

Quoting Momforhealth:

Does anyone know anything about willow?

I have discovered that ginger root is comparable to ibuprofen for arthritic pain. I bought some for something else and realized my pain was gone. I researched it and it's true. Now I shred up some of th he root and simmer strain and drink in a tea. Have not tried for headache pain. ibprofen...was fast and easy to grab.

meitaljames
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM

For body pain (muscles, joints etc) I always use red light therapy, which is natural and amazing (http://www.light-therapy-reviews.net/light-therapy-for-pain/).

As for headaches caused by sinus congestion, I boil some ginger root in water and breathe the steam for a few minutes, it's an instant relief.

Hope this helps.

mamabear0791
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM

For migraines, I use feverfew. I take it in capsule form, and very seldom have them now. I did research before I started using it, and checked with my PCP to make sure it wouldn't interfere with the allergy list. It also seems ot help with sinus headaches, as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN