Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have found that I can not take over the counter pain medicine anymore.  Sadly, I guess I have taken it too much and it hurts my stomach.  The other couple of days I had the absolute worst sinus headache and really needed something ASAP before it turned migraine.   

What is your headache or body pain remedy?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (11-18):
chrissysnow22
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I second that motion. That blend is amazing!

Quoting Chillisarah:

Quoting cemcnair:

I take about a tablespoon of olive oil and add three drops of lavender eo and three drops of peppermint eo. Apply to temples and neck!

Also, if your sinuses are blocked, a neti pot (with sterilized water) works wonders.

Feel better!

I somtimes get sinus headaches too. Thanks for the tip!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momforhealth
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Cool. Ty. I have it but it is mixed with other herbs I use for stress. I will look into getting it by itself...vitacost has it.

Quoting mamabear0791:

For migraines, I use feverfew. I take it in capsule form, and very seldom have them now. I did research before I started using it, and checked with my PCP to make sure it wouldn't interfere with the allergy list. It also seems ot help with sinus headaches, as well.

Momforhealth
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Wow...ty. I woke up with another headache...I just mixed this up and it wad almost instant. Thank you.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Quoting Chillisarah:

Quoting cemcnair:

I take about a tablespoon of olive oil and add three drops of lavender eo and three drops of peppermint eo. Apply to temples and neck!

Also, if your sinuses are blocked, a neti pot (with sterilized water) works wonders.

Feel better!

mamabear0791
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I found a detox tea that works well for me. http://www.herbsandoilsworld.com/category/health/ has an article on natural pain killers. The detox tea that I use is the turmeric ginger lemon dotox. It is simple to make and lasts five days in the fridge/ Good luck!

chrissysnow22
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I was amazed the first time I tried it. I love Courtney for sharing this one.

Quoting Momforhealth:

Wow...ty. I woke up with another headache...I just mixed this up and it wad almost instant. Thank you.

Quoting chrissysnow22:

Quoting Chillisarah:

Quoting cemcnair:

Feel better!

Gypsy60
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Can't wait to try some of these.Wait,hope to not have pain,but if i do,then,i will try these. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
37momofthree
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Any natural remedies for carpel tunnel pain?  Everybody keeps telling me to have the surgery but several of my family members did and it just came back again.   Also I hate to sound stupid but I have heard people say use essential oils but there are soooo many different kinds of the market i never know what to buy.  there is a health food store by my house that sells essential oils in tiny little bottles.  Is that what is used?  I get headaches ALOT and suffer from allergies and have leg pain at night along with the carpel tunnel pain.  I guess you could say I'm a mess!  Lol  So please any advice at all for natural remedies would be greatly appreciated!

Momforhealth
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Analgesic oils reduce sensitivity to pain. Like peppermint, tea tree, lavender,fennel,eucalyptus, ginger,geranium,frankincense.

Mix a little with olive oil, or almond, and massage those places. Maybe even up your arm by your elbow down ti your hands. ??? If you have someone to massage your shoulders.
I like yoga for headaches too. Downward dog...but since your carpel tunnel, get on your forearms. Forward folds and a few seated poses help. Bend over a exercise ball. Do some gentle leg stretches before bed. A hot bath with epsom salts is awesome too for body pain.

Quoting 37momofthree:

Any natural remedies for carpel tunnel pain?  Everybody keeps telling me to have the surgery but several of my family members did and it just came back again.   Also I hate to sound stupid but I have heard people say use essential oils but there are soooo many different kinds of the market i never know what to buy.  there is a health food store by my house that sells essential oils in tiny little bottles.  Is that what is used?  I get headaches ALOT and suffer from allergies and have leg pain at night along with the carpel tunnel pain.  I guess you could say I'm a mess!  Lol  So please any advice at all for natural remedies would be greatly appreciated!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)