Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Socially Conscious Shoes?

I am looking to make 'better' purchases and since I need new shoes I thought I'd start there. I did some research and did a write up of TOMS vs BOBS, but found out that there are other options!

I am wondering what the women in here wear, or what shoes you'd love to get to sort of promote a better planet?

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Replies (11-15):
teatreemom
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM

There's a company called Rekixx that makes shoes that are 100% recyclable. Not exactly "socially responsible" but more eco-responsible. I recently found them and they are pretty cool looking. Thinking about ordering some and I like that I can put them in the recycling bin when they wear out instead of the trash.

EireLass
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I just checked them out. I LOVE them. I'm getting some I think.

Quoting teatreemom:

There's a company called Rekixx that makes shoes that are 100% recyclable. Not exactly "socially responsible" but more eco-responsible. I recently found them and they are pretty cool looking. Thinking about ordering some and I like that I can put them in the recycling bin when they wear out instead of the trash.

Gypsy60
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Ashamed to admit I had never thought about this.Good wake up! I do like to buy from U.S.A.,and so shall start thinking before I buy more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Quoting teatreemom:

I checked those out and was all AWESOME!!! Until I looked at the price. Man. I wish being green was cheaper!

I found some NewBalance shoes that are made out of PET but they no longer carry them in stores, and since some reviews talk about them not fitting right... I just don't feel comfortable buying them on-line. :/

ethans_momma06
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Quoting Gypsy60:

Ashamed to admit I had never thought about this.Good wake up! I do like to buy from U.S.A.,and so shall start thinking before I buy more.

I didn't think of it before either! Only now that I have, I can't get it out of my mind- but can't find the perfect pair. Frustration!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN