Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

burns

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 11 Replies

I burnt 2 of my fingertips this morning while I was cooking.  They are blistering and they hurt so bad even though it was hours ago.  Of course both are on my right hand which I use the most!

Any ideas to help them heal?

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babujai
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Aloe vera gel

suetoo
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Blisters mean 2nd degree. Maybe dr. Should check it, and he can give you silvadene cream.

ameraznkimko
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM
You should keep essential oils on hand. Lavender, helichrysum, Idaho balsam fir, and frankincense oils help with tissue regeneration and reduce scarring..also aloe Vera helps for inflammation
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Ouch Lisa!  

Maybe try some aquafor ointment.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM
thanks ladies. I have 2 large blisters and the tip of my other finger is slightly burnt as well. I touched the bottom of my 400 degree skillet so it's not pretty :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
consumerswin
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Tea Tree oil.

rebeccasmly
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Lavender essential oil or tea tree oil

I burned my hand pretty good Superbowl Sunday. I put tea tree oil on and covered it. It took the burn out almost immediately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Thanks ladies but it's all better now :)

AromaDrops33
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Lavender essential oil helps soothe and heal burns

mamabear0791
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM

If the blister is bigger than a dime, consult a doctor. If not use an aloe vera gel (not anything with oil, it will hold the heat in) and wrap lightly with gauze. If it still feels like it is on fire, soak a piece of cotton in milk, and wrap. The milk will help remove the heat, and also help start the healing process. Change often. (this is what my mother does in the nursing home when her patients or fellow employees get a burn (she's a nurse).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)