Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Cold remedy

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:02 AM
  • 3 Replies

Is there any natural and green remedy for a cold and bronchitis?? I have what my kids have, I don't wanna go to a regular doctor and take that crap they prescribe.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
earthy_dragon
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Elda berry is what I use when I am not feeling.  It doesn't taste that great but it helps.  Between that and jack Daniels, honey, and lemon.  That is pretty much how we cure everything in this house!  

mamabear0791
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM

lindawagner.net has some great detox teas for colds & bronchitis. 

I use sliced lemons and ginger placed in honey and refrigerated for bronchitis and any throat irritations. It's easy to make, and can be left in the fridge for a long time. Just add a teaspoon with a slice of lemon and some of the ginger to hot water or tea. 

ground cayenne pepper is my go-to for inflammation - I have asthma, and get bronchitis at least twice a year and cayenne helps me get over it faster than anything the doc gives me.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM

My husband was coming down with the flu and he took this.  It wiped it out!

Photo: www.homesteadingsurvivalism.com
NATURE'S FLU SHOTS - Juice of 6 fresh lemons
1 bulb Garlic
2 tsp. Ginger powder
2 Tbsp. Honey
3 cups Pineapple juice
ΒΌ tsp Cayenne powder
Blend all ingredients thoroughly and store in a glass jar. Take 1 cup 4 times a day until the symptoms are resolved.
1801 Home Remedies: http://amzn.to/RkkEcP  

We didn't have any pineapple juice so we left it out and hubby took a tablespoon full every couple of hours.  He came home sick from work at noon and he was 100% better the next day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)