Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

J-E-L-L-O

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:08 AM
  • 18 Replies
The snack at church tonight was jello and of course I couldn't let my kids be left out. But if they had that junk none of us would survive the wrath of Jason. It's bad enough he was completely overwhelmed and overstimulated because all of the kids were crazy tonight. We have a bunch of special needs kids all of the sudden too.
Anyways, my kids got jello but it was safe! Pureed strawberries and agar agar. They loved it and no nasty stuff to trigger bad behaviors!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gypsy60
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:16 AM
never heard of it,but glad it all worked out for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I don't know why my pictures are sideways on CM when they are the right direction on my computer!  Grrr...  Anyways, my daughter enjoying her Jello

she_walk_softly
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Agar agar I have to get some,Vegetarian jello finally ! Very cool thank you.

chrissysnow22
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Oh good. I read the title and said uh oh! Glad it was all good.
earthy_dragon
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Glad to hear that it worked out for you, Lisa!!!  That is something I will have to try for us.  =)  

OneDay.
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
When we got candy at church growing up, we would take it to our mom and she would give us a candy from the health food store in exchange. We never had a problem doing that.
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I used to do that but now we don't do any sugar.  We do evaporated cane syrup on very rare occassions like holidays and birthdays.  Even stuff from the health food store has sugar, honey, agave, and other sweeteners we do not use.

Quoting OneDay.:

When we got candy at church growing up, we would take it to our mom and she would give us a candy from the health food store in exchange. We never had a problem doing that.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
OneDay.
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Oh that's true.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I used to do that but now we don't do any sugar.  We do evaporated cane syrup on very rare occassions like holidays and birthdays.  Even stuff from the health food store has sugar, honey, agave, and other sweeteners we do not use.

Quoting OneDay.:

SLMitchell
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Could you please provide the recipe?

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I threw about 2 cups of strawberries in the food processor and pureed them until it was as close to a liquid as I could get. Mine were frozen so they were a bit slushy lol. Warmed them on the stove. Added about a tablespoon of agar agar and brought it to a boil. Put it in a container in the fridge to cool. That's it! Almost like normal terrible for you jello to make :)

Quoting SLMitchell:

Could you please provide the recipe?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)