Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Car seats?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
What do you do with your "expired" car seat. My youngest is too big for his infant seat and now it cant be used anymore. (It was first used by his older brother) I dont want to just throw it in the trash. Can they be recycled?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Gypsy60
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Interesting question.Shall be cking back to see answer,cause i have no idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Check the NHTSA web site, they have a whole section on them. I do know they have a manufacturer expiration date on them and they can't be used, sold or traded after that date.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Babies r us has a trade in event coming up. Do you or somebody you know need a new one?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Its expired. I did look up online and found out in April there is a program that is taking car seats to recycle them. And its local. We dont have a Babies R Us.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Babies r us has a trade in event coming up. Do you or somebody you know need a new one?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Well for the record they take expired and damaged seats during their trade in. I'm glad you found something!

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Its expired. I did look up online and found out in April there is a program that is taking car seats to recycle them. And its local. We dont have a Babies R Us.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)