Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

For the Mommas that make laundry soap I have a question! *piog*

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have never had this issue before and I was wondering if it was normal? I know that the Gel usually forms on the top, but mine is on the bottom! Is this normal? Or is mine just bass ackwards?

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Beautiful31mom
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:50 AM

bump

EireLass
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I've only made the liquid once, and my gel was on the bottom. I have it in jugs, so I just shake it up right before using it.

I made the dry last time....it was easier.

fleurmegs
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Do you mind posting your dry recipe? I would really love to make my own.  I use Seventh Generation right now...

Quoting EireLass:

I've only made the liquid once, and my gel was on the bottom. I have it in jugs, so I just shake it up right before using it.

I made the dry last time....it was easier.

EireLass
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

1 bar castile soap & 1 cup borax & 1 cup washing soda

I used my food processor, so I grated the soap first and then added the other and it all mixed up good. You only use 1 tablespoon.

You can use other soaps, but I had a bar of castille, so I used it. I've heard people use Ivory too.

You could double or triple the recipe if you needed. There are only the 2 of us here, so mine lasts longer than if I had a bunch of kids here.

Quoting fleurmegs:

Do you mind posting your dry recipe? I would really love to make my own.  I use Seventh Generation right now...

Quoting EireLass:

I've only made the liquid once, and my gel was on the bottom. I have it in jugs, so I just shake it up right before using it.I made the dry last time....it was easier.

fleurmegs
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Awesome thank you so much!

Quoting EireLass:

1 bar castile soap & 1 cup borax & 1 cup washing soda

I used my food processor, so I grated the soap first and then added the other and it all mixed up good. You only use 1 tablespoon.

You can use other soaps, but I had a bar of castille, so I used it. I've heard people use Ivory too.

You could double or triple the recipe if you needed. There are only the 2 of us here, so mine lasts longer than if I had a bunch of kids here.

Quoting fleurmegs:

Quoting EireLass:

I've only made the liquid once, and my gel was on the bottom. I have it in jugs, so I just shake it up right before using it.I made the dry last time....it was easier.

treysmommy
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I make the dry version. It's easier to store and use. I've made the liquid in the past and didn't feel like my clothes came out as clean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN