Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Single-Use water bottles

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this

Saw this on FB and had to share here:

by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I love concord! They are always on top of things!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm guilty of using these but not very often.  A single case lasts us 6 months or more and we always recycle the bottles when we are done.

Part of me says good for them but when we are out longer than expected it would be really tough to not buy a bottle of water.  Tap water can be so gross and not always easy to get either.  How many people will drink soda instead becuase water isn't available?

Crunchymilk
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:00 AM
I do think that is awesome also but I totally understand what you are saying jasonsmom. Sometimes I do not have refillable bottles with me and there is gross water at some places! Yuk. And I think they should put an effort towards the bottled pop too, even though the cans have BPA! Ah what to do what to do!
suetoo
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I worry about germs and how easily a refillable water bottle is sanitized. I know some people who reuse a single use plastic water bottle for weeks! 

Crunchymilk
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Yes I have read that it is hard to get the disposable bottles truly clean. We clean our reauseables in the dishwasher I feel they are clean as the rest if the dishes we use.
JaronDMC
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I get what your saying but after living in a town with a plastic bag ban. You just learn to work around things. I would put some empty refillable bottle that have filters built in, and just leave them in the car.
Also have a good size return price for recycling the bottle works great. I almost never see a bottle in the trash around here. People are always walking around collecting bottles from trash for the money.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I'm guilty of using these but not very often.  A single case lasts us 6 months or more and we always recycle the bottles when we are done.

Part of me says good for them but when we are out longer than expected it would be really tough to not buy a bottle of water.  Tap water can be so gross and not always easy to get either.  How many people will drink soda instead becuase water isn't available?

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Yeah we usually take our water but when we run out because well, stuff happens, we don't want to refill with the nasty city water.

Quoting Crunchymilk:

I do think that is awesome also but I totally understand what you are saying jasonsmom. Sometimes I do not have refillable bottles with me and there is gross water at some places! Yuk. And I think they should put an effort towards the bottled pop too, even though the cans have BPA! Ah what to do what to do!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
Crunchymilk
by on May. 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I have thought about the lights to clean any water. Think people but them for camping
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)