Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Green Living Green Living

Tea tree oil

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just bought some, because of all the uses I've seen online. Well now I can't find where I saw these recipes. So do any of you use tea tree oil? If so what do you us it in? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
EireLass
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:46 AM

It's an anti-bacterial, so you can add it to things for cleaning...like adding it to vinegar or something. I have some. I hate the smell, so I don't use it. And it burns if it's on your skin.

Sunshinestyles
by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I heard that it's good for washing a dog- is that true?

AromaDrops33
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Melalueca (tea tree) is great for soap scum and mold, acne, ear aches and infections, dry scalp, warts, cold sores, lice, cavities, allergies and so much more. Just be careful where you get your essential oils from. Not all oils are created equal and can contain synthetics and chemicals. 

AromaDrops33
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM

If tea tree oils is 100% pure it shouldn't burn at all. That tells me you have a bottle that may have other things in it besides pure tea tree oil. Tea tree oil can be applied neat, meaning no dilution is needed.

Quoting EireLass:

It's an anti-bacterial, so you can add it to things for cleaning...like adding it to vinegar or something. I have some. I hate the smell, so I don't use it. And it burns if it's on your skin.

she_walk_softly
by on May. 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Horse/dog shampoo (not for cats)

1oz coconut oil to 20ish drops of tea tree oil

I also like to add

5 drops mint OR 10 drops lavender OR 5drops clove OR...:)

add mixed oils to 3/4 cup baby shampoo in a gallon jug fill with water.

I let it set on the animal 10 min and use a wash rag on the face to keep it out of the eyes.

Good shampoo for humans too.

redneckmama4
by on May. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
All sorts of things and it is one of the only essential oils you can use neet, straight on the skin without a carrier oil.

I use it in shampoo, laundry, counters, cold sores or zits, other skin issues, animals...lots of uses.
cemcnair
by Courtney on May. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I use it for just about every cleaning application, plus mold. I also put a few drops into my shampoo bottle (that I use on ds) to help avoid lice. If you have a yeast infection, you can also apply "down under" (diluted of course).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)