Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Piggy Paint

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 9:34 AM
  • 9 Replies

How young do you think is too young for girls to start to wear nail polish?  I'm a very girly girl and wanted to paint my daughter's toenails and found Piggy Paint.  It's non toxic with no harsh ingredients made just for little girls.  It's about the same amount as Opi.  Right now she has pink toenails and I think they are super cute but my MIL hates it.  Oh well, she already raised her kids.

by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Trixi.VonLace
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 12:10 PM
I started painting dds toe nails when she was like a year old. I didn't paint her nails till she was about 3 when she quit putting her hands in her mouth all the time. I wish They had that stuff when she was a baby, I would have been all over it. She's 11 almost 12 now so its not a.concern anymore. I may got pick some up for my almost 2 year old niece.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KiaC
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I don't paint her finger nails since she constantly has them in her mouth, even though they say it's okay.  They have a special remover too.  My 3 month old is so fashionable :)

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

I started painting dds toe nails when she was like a year old. I didn't paint her nails till she was about 3 when she quit putting her hands in her mouth all the time. I wish They had that stuff when she was a baby, I would have been all over it. She's 11 almost 12 now so its not a.concern anymore. I may got pick some up for my almost 2 year old niece.

Neelah
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 3:07 PM

DD always likes to watch me paint my nails, I want to do her toes soooo bad but she won't let me near her with it, lol! IDK, I think it's pretty freakin' adorable, maybe less than a month is too young, but after that, paint those tosies!!

MommieOfCamden
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I let my 3 year old wear polish....my 4y old son wears it too :) 

Katikins
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Oh my gosh I bet that is the cutest thing!!! My 4 year old son always wants me to paint his nails when I do mine. So we got him his own bottle of clear coat/nail vitamins that I dab on them and he is a happy camper!

alibrezzy154
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 3:02 AM

OH i have to find that! thanks for the heads up!!

aliciaolynn
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM
I've seen it at ulta..
I have a boy and he won't let me touch him with any "girly" stuff..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zoann
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 1:13 PM
All i have are boys and he always says ewwww and runs away when i dab his toenail with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KiaC
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 5:39 PM

That's Piggy Polish Alicia.  I thought it was what I was looking for until I picked up one with the name Pimp and thought that's not an appropriate name for kid's nail polish and when I asked they said they had no idea what I was talking about.  You can buy it from their website and a couple kid boutiques here have it.  The website is www.piggypaint.com

Quoting aliciaolynn:

I've seen it at ulta..
I have a boy and he won't let me touch him with any "girly" stuff..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)