Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Threading

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 5:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone had this done on their eyebrows?  I want to try it.  I usually get mine waxed but I hear that the threading lasts longer.  I hate plucking!

by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
alibrezzy154
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I've heard of it but haven't found anyone around here that does it.

Zoann
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 9:16 PM
I heard it hurts worse than waxing and tweezing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katikins
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I have threaded my own eyebrows before and it did last a lot longer than tweezing. It didn't hurt any worse than tweezing for me but it was kind of hard to do. I just looked up a youtube tut to learn how to do it.

MommieOfCamden
by on Sep. 4, 2011 at 9:58 PM

I remember when you did this, it looked good! 

Quoting Katikins:

I have threaded my own eyebrows before and it did last a lot longer than tweezing. It didn't hurt any worse than tweezing for me but it was kind of hard to do. I just looked up a youtube tut to learn how to do it.

Trixi.VonLace
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 12:39 AM
I haven't had enough eyebrows in over 12 years to do anything with LOL! I have heard it awesome though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KiaC
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Katie, I'm definitely not coordinated to do it myself.  I have a pretty high threshold for pain so I'm not worried about that so much.  My eyebrows are a bit jacked up.  I had skin cancer right over my eyebrow and when they removed it, it left a scar in my eyebrow and above it so the hair doesn't grow quite as well there so when I try to pluck I always make them even more uneven cause I have no patience. 

There are a lot of places around here but I don't know anyone that has had it done and I don't want to go somewhere that the person isn't good at it and make my eyebrows even worse.  I guess I'll have to check into it more.  Thanks ladies!

LivinDeadGurl
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Nope, but I have been wanting to have it done. A good friend of mine swears by it.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 5, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I haven't tried it.  I am due for a waxing though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN