Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Have you tried Lancome Hypnose?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 12:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

I saw this in The Stir - Have you tried this mascara?

Dying to Try: Hypnose 'Doll Eyes' Lancome Mascara

Posted by Lindsay Ferrier
on September 5, 2011

Lancome
So Lancome is heavily promoting its Hypnose Mascara, which it touts as "The 1st doll lash mascara."

OR TOTALLY CREEPED OUT.

I can't decide whether I'm excited ...

Particularly after I wasted five minutes of my life turning my Facebook photo into this creepy digital doll, courtesy of Lancome's Hypnose Facebook app.

The things I do for you people ...

According to the Lancome site:

A new, unique, cone-shaped brush provides an extremely smooth and clean application, precisely defining even your hard-to-reach corners and lower lashes. Combined with the exclusively developed FiberShineTM formula, it sculpts, curls and loads each lash for the ultimate shiny lash fringe. Lift and thicken every single lash without weighing it down. Push up your lashes for your most flirty, wide open eye look.

Hmm ... Want to see what the mascara supposedly will do for you? (I'm skeptical.) Read on!

Lancome

Um, hello Stepford!

Now I'm really creeped out!

Also, ads like this one make me kind of angry, because they're advertising mascara and yet those CLEARLY aren't the models' real lashes.

I think these kind of ads should be banned, to be honest.

However, I'm still dying to try the mascara, just to see if it really does give me DOLL EYES.

*shudder*

What about you? Have you tried Lancome Hypnose (which retails for $25 per tube)? Will you now that you know it will give you the look of a soul-less, glass-eyed plaything?

by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
aliciaolynn
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 1:28 PM
I would like to try it..my lashes are long due to latisse...so I can't wait to see what it will do to my lashes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katikins
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I am all for trying new mascaras!! Can't wait to see a review from one of our mamas who has tried it!!

KiaC
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Haven't tried it. Most mascara is much more about the brush than the formula.  I agree with you though, unless you have false lashes you will never achieve the look in the ads.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)