Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

In a funk!

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 3:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you ever get in a makeup funk? I haven't been wanting to wear any lately.....I don't really know why. I'm also working out in the middle of the day and I'm finding that I don't have enough time to put on any makeup before I have to go pick up my son from school! Argh! 

by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zoann
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 4:54 PM
I am :( i dont even use any foundation or concealer anymore. mascara and eyeliner if im going to the store or something. i thought bare minerals would be the one for me but it makes my skin so flakey.. and anytime i get a liquid foundation, my skin has such a red tone to it, it makes it look yellowish or some weird color. im giving up on it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 5:23 PM
Ya, I'm kind of in the same situation. I get up by 6 am to get the boys ready for school then have like 30 min to help my DD get her make up on and hair done before we have to leave to take her to school. I have to walk her so I don't put any on before leaving with her. When I get home I shower and eat and have enough time to pick up before I have to get my pre k son from the bus then its all about him. I'm trying to get into the habit of atleast filling in my eyebrows and some clear mascara with some gloss but so far no go LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieOfCamden
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 5:42 PM

I'm right there with ya girls, my son has autism and it's a battle getting him ready in the morning. I feel like I'm making excuses but I just can't get up any earlier. I'm super nervous because my 3y old starts preschool and now I'll have two littles to drop off every morning. 

KiaC
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I'm there too.  I'm lucky if I get a shower everyday before my DH gets home.  I don't go out often so what is the point?  I realized the other day just how much less I wear make-up when I had some on the other day and my DH told me I looked smoken hot.  I'm sure he thinks that even when I'm not all made up :)

Katikins
by on Sep. 6, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Yeppers that would be me right there with you all! With getting the boys ready and the whole day revolving around Eli's school schedule it seems I hardly ever have time to throw anything on my face.

aliciaolynn
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 1:49 PM

i wouldnt call it a funk persay, but sometimes im just not in the mood to put it on just to take it right back off

MommieOfCamden
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 1:58 PM

You have such a sweet hubby, sounds just like mine. I'll be just done working out and he'll tell me how gorgeous I look. SO sweet! 

Quoting KiaC:

I'm there too.  I'm lucky if I get a shower everyday before my DH gets home.  I don't go out often so what is the point?  I realized the other day just how much less I wear make-up when I had some on the other day and my DH told me I looked smoken hot.  I'm sure he thinks that even when I'm not all made up :)

MommieOfCamden
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 1:58 PM

This too, I suppose I'm much more practical now. 

Quoting aliciaolynn:

i wouldnt call it a funk persay, but sometimes im just not in the mood to put it on just to take it right back off

KiaC
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Yep, kids change your life in ways you didn't even think of.  baby girl

johnnybgood
by on Sep. 7, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Yep I was totally like that earlier this week Bc it's so hott here it all melts and gets shiny, Bc I have oily skin! So today I used my naked pallet and my milk nyx pencil and now I feel better, it melted off when I went outside but I put in a valid effort lol. You should put in the effort girl you deserve it! But not wearing make up is ok too, I do it a lot lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)