Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Do YOU know what hairstyle won the war?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM
  • 10 Replies
That would be VICTORY ROLLS! so for our tribute to 9/11 on Sunday, ontop of wearing a navy pencil skirt (that I'm making) I'm gonna rock the victory rolls!

Have you ever worn victory rolls?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zoann
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM
i love wearing them, but theyre a pain for me to do. no matter how many tutorials i watch, it always takes 4+ attempts lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM
Ohh me too!!! I am.going to wake up an extra 30 min to make sure I have enough TIME lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KiaC
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I did them a few years ago.  They are kinda a pain to do but look so good.  That's cool that you can sew Starr, I wish I could.

Trixi.VonLace
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Its not That hard honestly, I learned on my own between reading stuff online and you tube. I now make a lot Of my DD clothes. I also make dresses for my niece, I made her Easter dress, it was soo cute!

Quoting KiaC:

I did them a few years ago.  They are kinda a pain to do but look so good.  That's cool that you can sew Starr, I wish I could.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Neelah
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I have tried and tried and fail and fail, loL!! The only time I managed to actually have it look pretty cool was when I still had dreads and twisted and pinned 'em up. Unfortunately, I have no pics of that

Katikins
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Oh my gosh I love how they look!! I tried them once and it was a disaster! I need to watch some more youtube tuts and figure out where I went wrong!!

Trixi.VonLace
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM
Lots and lots and lots of practice! It took me forever to get it and still it takes me a few tries to get it to look good. Its not an easy thing to master but Boy is it worth it!

Quoting Katikins:

Oh my gosh I love how they look!! I tried them once and it was a disaster! I need to watch some more youtube tuts and figure out where I went wrong!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnnybgood
by on Sep. 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM
I use to like them when I had strait hair but mine went super curly after my babies... When I straiten it doesn't stay strait lol... I'm sure youre going to look hott!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alibrezzy154
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 2:07 AM

OMG I just youtubed it and now i have to try this!

MommieOfCamden
by on Sep. 9, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I don't know how to do it!!!!!! Teach us teach us!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN