Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Acne

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 11:48 AM
  • 11 Replies

I have been getting acne for a while now, at times it is not so bad other times it is. Does anyone know something I can use that will work?

Thank YOu,

Crystal

by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KREP
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 11:59 AM
I use proactive and love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clynn10884
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I have tried that , and it did nothing for me. I feel like I have tried so many things.

loriec
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 5:54 PM
Is it like a few pimples here and there?You say sometimes. Maybe it's that sometimes due to hormones your skin's oil production increases. Then that equals more zits than usual. I am going through the same. But a nice facial scrub like St. Ives acne,works good to cleanse and a mask of Queen Helen Mint
juliup works pretty well. Of course diet helps & vitamin c, most important,water,water,water!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnnybgood
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:16 PM
I used proactive a few years ago, and I loved it. I can't afford it now. Ive been using one from neutrogena the mask/cleaner with benzol peroxide in it! It's working ok, my pores feel smaller, we will see after a few weeks lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AylasMommy6507
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to acne.org and start the 3-step Regimen described there! I started suffering from moderate acne when I was 18, to the point where it was starting to scar. I tried proactive, salicylic face washes, etc etc, nothing worked. The Regimen is really simple: wash with a gentle noncomedogenic cleanser, apply benzol peroxide, then finish with an oil free moisturizer, twice a day. And thats it! I've been on it for 2 years now, and I never break out! Maybe 1 zit a month. Check out that website! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity797
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Use a good unscented facial cleanser every night with warm water, do not over scrub you'll make it worse. Keep your hands away from your face, drink plenty of water, multi vitamin. It also has to do with hormones and body chemistry. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mspecan_tan
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Consult a dermatologist if you can...everyones skin reacts differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Neelah
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I've had the best luck with Clean & Clear's scrubs

LXS
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 3:00 PM
I like the nuetrogena orange face wash and I also like the Mark line by Avon..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isell_avon
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 4:50 PM
I use avons clearskin acne treatment. You can buy the whole kit or they sell some just seperates . Right now they are alm half of and plus when you buy one product you get 1 free. If you are interested i can also show you how to get free shipping on any size order
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN