Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Jeans...

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 40 Replies

I hate em' as much as I love them.

Where do you gals shop for jeans? Any inspiration? I am around a size 2 to 4 so I feel like I can shop in a variety of places (just lost baby weight so I had gotten used to shopping in only certain places where comfort was king).

I found a GREAT pair of jeans at Buckle, but they were ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY DOLLARS. I can't justify that.

I also am wondering if anyone has any advice on being shorter and wearing flats with pants. I like the look but I can't seem to find jeans that go along with me...

by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ae86mommy
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM
I'm a 0, and the only jeans I've found that fit just right are Hollister. They're low enough to not make me feel like an old lady, and their bootcut is the perfect size of width in the legs :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Quoting ae86mommy:

I'm a 0, and the only jeans I've found that fit just right are Hollister. They're low enough to not make me feel like an old lady, and their bootcut is the perfect size of width in the legs :)

I hadn't thought to look there as I AM an old lady (35 lol).

See, I have a hard time since I had the baby, of not feeling like I'm trying to be a teenager because jeans ARE so low. KWIM?

I wanna be hip (I am an older first time mom) but appropriately hip...

I will have to check out Hollister though. I don't mind paying for good jeans, just not $170 damn dollars :)

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:24 PM
They're like 50 dollars there, all with different rises :) Also, Silver jeans fit me great. They're like 80 dollars. I get them at Maurices, but i think most people buy them online :)

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting ae86mommy:

See, I have a hard time since I had the baby, of not feeling like I'm trying to be a teenager because jeans ARE so low. KWIM?

I will have to check out Hollister though. I don't mind paying for good jeans, just not $170 damn dollars :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I forgot about Silver jeans! We don't have a Maurices but I'm going to check it online!

Thanks!!!!

Quoting ae86mommy:

They're like 50 dollars there, all with different rises :) Also, Silver jeans fit me great. They're like 80 dollars. I get them at Maurices, but i think most people buy them online :)

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting ae86mommy:

KimmyPoo
by Kimberly on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Well I no help cause I hate jeans lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SugarrCane
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Try MEK denim or Miss Me Jeans.  They Rock!  

ShutterBug3
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 1:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly my fave jeans are LEI brand which you can get at wal-mart now for $20ish. I used to only be able to find them at Penny's, I was thrilled when wal-mart started carrying that brand. They fit wonderfully, last forever and you don't have to spend a ton on them.

Vicariously
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Buckle is expensive, but well worth the money. The best jeans I have ever owned were Lucky's. Try to buy them when there is a sale going on. I don't know if they still do free alterations, but if you are on the short side, take the opportunity to tailor your jeans perfectly.

I have also bought Lucky jeans at Burlington Coat Factory. They were about $30 there. TJMaxx is a good place to look for name brands sold for less money.

If you like to wear flats with jeans get a pair that is straight cut (not skinny). It will elongate your legs and make you look taller.

johnnybgood
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM
I get Levi's at khols and I get volcom jeans on sale at the local surf shops here. My husband is friends with a manager, so we get deals!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Great advice! Thanks

Quoting Vicariously:

Buckle is expensive, but well worth the money. The best jeans I have ever owned were Lucky's. Try to buy them when there is a sale going on. I don't know if they still do free alterations, but if you are on the short side, take the opportunity to tailor your jeans perfectly.

I have also bought Lucky jeans at Burlington Coat Factory. They were about $30 there. TJMaxx is a good place to look for name brands sold for less money.

If you like to wear flats with jeans get a pair that is straight cut (not skinny). It will elongate your legs and make you look taller.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN