Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Anti-Wrinkle Cremes....

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 5 Replies

What age is a good age to start using an anti-wrinkle creme? I am now 31 years old and I'm starting to notice light wrinkles around my eyes when I smile. Would it be good to start using the anti wrinkle creme now to prevent them from getting worst the older I get? Let me know your thoughts and when you started using anti-wrinkle cremes! Which ones worked the best for you? Thanks :)

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ShutterBug3
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I started at 30. I have used several different things over the past 2 years and have found for my skin type my favorites have been mostly oil of olay products. Currently I am using the night time firming cream and I love it. Works well and smells good too. For your eyes they have this eye cream which is pretty good but for what you pay I think it could be a little better. I am still searching for the perfect eye cream. My most recent discovery however was this serum by BareMinerals. I got a free trial of it and noticed a difference after just one use. It is seriously amazing stuff but it does come with a high price tag. Once my trial bottle is gone I am pretty sure I will buy some since it is so amazing.

Vicariously
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Good question. I don't really know the answer, but I have thought about it. I would say start doing something about it now. I'm going to do a new post with home made wrinkle remedies. I found some good info on that. I would think that if you added little things to your facial care routine now it will help to delay wrinkles down the road.

I just recently started looking into different oils, and one that I bought was Castor oil. I read a lot about that helping to reduce and prevent eye wrinkle when used regularly.

MamisAngels
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, if you're noticing wrinkles beginning to appear, start using now to prevent worse.
It's important you moisturize and use sunscreen as wrinkles are caused by lack of moisture as well as from the sun's UV rays.
Try a product that has vitamin C as this helps in the body's collagen-producing cells.

Quoting missjanah:

What age is a good age to start using an anti-wrinkle creme? I am now 31 years old and I'm starting to notice light wrinkles around my eyes when I smile. Would it be good to start using the anti wrinkle creme now to prevent them from getting worst the older I get? Let me know your thoughts and when you started using anti-wrinkle cremes! Which ones worked the best for you? Thanks :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mspecan_tan
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Great question....I'm 30 and notice them as well....I think I'm going to try castor oil and cucumbers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I started in my 20s and I have very few lines, and nothing I'd call a deep wrinkle (I'll be 42 next month).  At some point you have to be using active ingredients that do more than just add moisture.  I spend a lot of time and money on skin care, but it's paid off IMO. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)