Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Should I leave putting on eyelashes for the professionals or

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

is it something I can attempt on my own.. I got it done individually at the shop but I purchased the supplies, medium length (forgot the brand, but know it if I saw it in the store) and I have the adhesive.. I think I just answered my question as I was posting, leave it for the professionals.. Has any one tried doing this themselves, is it hard?

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Chillisarah
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I don't apply the individuals myself.  I either get it done professionally or let my cousin do them.  I do apply the regular one myself though.

Alwaysmotivated
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Whats the regular one, I am thinking the individuals might be too hard, but I would like to experiment, its the weekend, aint got nothing to do.. I sound like the movie Friday's, lol!

Quoting Chillisarah:

I don't apply the individuals myself.  I either get it done professionally or let my cousin do them.  I do apply the regular one myself though.

littlemascara
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I find the individual ones WAY easier than full strips. And I usually just add a few, not the entire lid. but I wear both often enough that they both are not too difficult.  practice makes perfect!  with individual I use clear adhesive, with full strips I use dark adhesive. 

Alwaysmotivated
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I will try the individuals first.. Practice really makes perfect..

Quoting littlemascara:

I find the individual ones WAY easier than full strips. And I usually just add a few, not the entire lid. but I wear both often enough that they both are not too difficult.  practice makes perfect!  with individual I use clear adhesive, with full strips I use dark adhesive. 

mstrendygirl
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM

ive done both individuals and the full strips i pefer the whole full strip rather than the individual one takes longer for me to do

ruby_jewel_04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM

are we talking the semi permanent lashes? or the totally temporary ones?

Alwaysmotivated
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM

i really want to try, do you have a brand that you recommend!

Quoting mstrendygirl:

ive done both individuals and the full strips i pefer the whole full strip rather than the individual one takes longer for me to do

littlemascara
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

are we talking the semi permanent lashes? or the totally temporary ones?

good question, I didn't even consider she was talking about lash extensions.  that is something I'd leave to a professional only.  if it's false lashes like you can get at a drugstore, that's DIY.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN