Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Beauty QOTD 4-11-2012

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

At what age did you start to wear makeup?

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenny0709
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I was about 11 before i even wanted to mess around with makeup. When i was little my mom would sometimes put makeup on me ( mascara, blush, lipstick) She only put it on me when i was in a parade for baton or for Halloween . I hated it so much When she put make up on me! I love make now thought! :o)

meldanielle
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I started around 15 and had to teach myself. I got my inspiration/teaching from magazines, the internet, and tv. It took me awhile...and I made plenty of mistakes...but I eventually got it down. 

MamisAngels
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't start until my twenties although I would watch my mom when I was younger & always liked makeup looks.
I grew up in a conservative household so my father wasn't going to have me walking around with makeup on, lol.
It didn't bother me much though, it honestly helped me be comfortable in my own skin.
I'm a cosmetologist now & i learned image plays a big part in first impressions especially in the beauty industry. But I can go without makeup and feel just as fabulous as if I had applied a glam look.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeleeka07
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

14 or 15...can't really remember.  It was important to me in high school, but now I don't care unless it's a special occasion :)

Trixi.VonLace
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Like 8 when I started to play around with it and "practice" 12 when I started wearing it daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xx.felisha.xx
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I'm 23. I just started.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Amy on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I want to say middle school maybe 6th grade. I really wish we had the internet and youtube back then cause I would be a master at it LOL.    Now my daughter is 6 and is getting into it.  I let her use my MAC Hello Kitty beauty powder and she has her lip glosses too.  The only reason I let her use the beauty powder is because you can not see it on the face at all.

ruby_jewel_04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Technically I was like 15 or 16. But the year before I was actually allowed I made my mom let me wear red lipstick to school for a week because my horse managed to smack me in the face with his head and give me a blood blister on my lip. I was super self concious about it. LOL...

Vicariously
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM

14 for me. It was just a little eyeliner and eyeshadow. I started using mascara and blush at 15 and then by 16 was doing a little foundation and more eyeshadow.

johnnybgood
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM
I tried make up when I was about eleven, it was trial and error. Mostly error! But around 13 I started to really wear it everyday. But now too much, just foundation mascara and liner. Now I Definelty wear it all the time, the same way as I did as a teenager!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN