Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nail Polish Remover?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:35 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

Is there a special one that helps/works better to get the glitter nail polish off?
Thank you :)

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixiemg1
by Amy on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

You want to use pure acetone.  Also use the foil method to remove glitter.  Soak a cotton ball or pad in remover,  place on nail, wrap in foil and wait like 5 minutes.  Glitter will slide right off.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM

When I use the foil .. do you mean like the tinfoil?
Using the acetone or nail polish remover?
Thanks for your help :)

Quoting pixiemg1:

You want to use pure acetone.  Also use the foil method to remove glitter.  Soak a cotton ball or pad in remover,  place on nail, wrap in foil and wait like 5 minutes.  Glitter will slide right off.

pixiemg1
by Amy on Apr. 13, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Yep, good ole tin foil.  Acetone is nail polish remover.  They make two kinds, non acetone & pure acetone.  Pure acetone is harsher but it gets the job done.  I just moisterize the hell out my hands.  

Quoting hugss:

Quoting pixiemg1:

hugss

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 3:48 PM

The pure isn't the kind that is sold though right?
Thanks so much for your help :)

Quoting pixiemg1:

Yep, good ole tin foil.  Acetone is nail polish remover.  They make two kinds, non acetone & pure acetone.  Pure acetone is harsher but it gets the job done.  I just moisterize the hell out my hands.  

Quoting hugss:

Quoting pixiemg1:

pixiemg1
by Amy on Apr. 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM

You can buy it in the store.  I buy mine at Sally's cause I get the big ole jug since I use so much of it.  Non acetone remover will work but you will have to let it sit longer on the nail.  Your welcome!!  Nails are my hobby.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting pixiemg1:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting pixiemg1:

hugss

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 3:55 PM

DH has a huge thing of acetone which is why I asked,
He uses it for coins & stuff, LOL
I was using the regular nail polish for my toes & not a lot of luck
But now I will soak the cotton ball with his stuff, wrap in foli & wait 5 minutes.
Again really appreciate your help :)

Quoting pixiemg1:

You can buy it in the store.  I buy mine at Sally's cause I get the big ole jug since I use so much of it.  Non acetone remover will work but you will have to let it sit longer on the nail.  Your welcome!!  Nails are my hobby.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting pixiemg1:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting pixiemg1:

pixiemg1
by Amy on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Not a problem, I am happy to help.  I buy the pink remover at Sally's.  It has a few extras beside just acetone but it works great.  Here is a link http://www.sallybeauty.com/Acetone-Professional-Polish-Remover/BTYSEC13,default,pd.html?cgid=Nail05

Quoting hugss:

But now I will soak the cotton ball with his stuff, wrap in foli & wait 5 minutes.

Quoting pixiemg1:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting pixiemg1:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting pixiemg1:

hugss

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Thanks for the link,
have it saved & will order some this weekend.
I love the glitter/sparkley polish.
the salon people do a terrible job of getting it off so I thought I would do it myself, LOL
Thanks again :)

Quoting pixiemg1:

Not a problem, I am happy to help.  I buy the pink remover at Sally's.  It has a few extras beside just acetone but it works great.  Here is a link http://www.sallybeauty.com/Acetone-Professional-Polish-Remover/BTYSEC13,default,pd.html?cgid=Nail05

Quoting hugss:

Quoting pixiemg1:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting pixiemg1:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting pixiemg1:

johnnybgood
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:59 PM

acitone remover for acrylics, its harsh on the nail though, so I always use non acitone.

Starleet
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

If you have a piece of white felt around, it is the best thing ever for removing glitter! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)