Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Ouchies :/ ***OT***

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 11 Replies

I had a laparoscopy done on my abdomen today for possible endometriosis ( which I don't have ). and I'm really starting to hurt. Because of some mix up with my insurance company, I can't get my pain meds filled because it's "too soon" even though its a new script and a different dosage. idfk. All I know, is I'm exhausted, my abdomen is super sore, and my throat hurts from the breathing tube.

They did find that my uterus has a large adhesion of scar tissue connected to my abdominal wall, and that is probably why I'm in so much pain all the time. My doctor "couldn't" remove the adhesion and seperate them, so I have to return in 4 weeks for ANOTHER surgery, one with a larger incision and done by a general surgeoun. Wonderful. FML right now.

OH and she removed the clips at the end of my tubes ( tubal ligation ) because they had cut them and put clamps on the ends. She said that she doesnt think that was the causze of my pain but we'll see if it helps. So annoyed right now.

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah5708Emma
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM

BUMP!

mstrendygirl
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Sorry your having to go through that hope your able to get your pain meds soon.. feel better

ShutterBug3
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Ouch :( Sorry you are going though this.

Trixi.VonLace
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM
:( I'm sorry mama! Could you go to another pharmacy and just pay cash? Same shit happened to me yesterday at the oral surgeon, my insurance wouldn't cover the extraction, the anesthesia or the pain meds after the fact (the stupid extraction was almost a grand!) Then the pain meds we were dreading but they were only $25. Either way I hope it all gets straightened out and you feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah5708Emma
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I don't know to be honest, I've never tried to take it to a different pharmacy. Dh is the one who took it in so who knows what he said or they said to him. Today SUCKS. I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach by a horse. Ugh. Hopefully they figure it out asap. Sorry you're in pain too, it sucks. Especially mouth pain, that's the worst! Hope you feel better soon!

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

:( I'm sorry mama! Could you go to another pharmacy and just pay cash? Same shit happened to me yesterday at the oral surgeon, my insurance wouldn't cover the extraction, the anesthesia or the pain meds after the fact (the stupid extraction was almost a grand!) Then the pain meds we were dreading but they were only $25. Either way I hope it all gets straightened out and you feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Call the pharmacy and ask how much it would be if you just paid cash. They can't deny to fill the script because its from a Dr. What meds were they? Do you know?

Quoting Sarah5708Emma:

I don't know to be honest, I've never tried to take it to a different pharmacy. Dh is the one who took it in so who knows what he said or they said to him. Today SUCKS. I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach by a horse. Ugh. Hopefully they figure it out asap. Sorry you're in pain too, it sucks. Especially mouth pain, that's the worst! Hope you feel better soon!

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah5708Emma
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Just 5mg percocet. Or oxycodone. Depends on if they fill it generic or not. I only pay $5 for the script when insurance covers it, so I dont imagine it would cost too much.

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Call the pharmacy and ask how much it would be if you just paid cash. They can't deny to fill the script because its from a Dr. What meds were they? Do you know?

Quoting Sarah5708Emma:

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Ohh ya, my DH took that a while back with his tooth, 30 pills were only 23$ I would definitely call and pay cash! Get you outta pain!

Quoting Sarah5708Emma:

Just 5mg percocet. Or oxycodone. Depends on if they fill it generic or not. I only pay $5 for the script when insurance covers it, so I dont imagine it would cost too much.

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Quoting Sarah5708Emma:

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah5708Emma
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I might just have to! Vicodin or Norco, make me sick to my stomach and don't help my pain. Dh takes Vicodin so he has given me a few until I can get it filled. I think that's thy I'm sick to my stomach. And still in pain. But I can't drive and he's at a meeting for work so I guess I live with it in the meantime.

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Ohh ya, my DH took that a while back with his tooth, 30 pills were only 23$ I would definitely call and pay cash! Get you outta pain!

Quoting Sarah5708Emma:

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Quoting Sarah5708Emma:

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnnybgood
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Geeze thats a lot. I hope you get some relief soon. Ins companies can be a pain in the butt! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN