Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Who has perfect skin?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:43 PM
  • 22 Replies

Those who have perfect skin that never breaks out, never gets clogged pores and black heads, who's skin never scars... what is your secret? Is it genetics, eating healthy, working out physically, not getting in the sun, what?

I admire people with gorgeous skin. I wish my skin was perfect.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vicariously
by Me on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Not me... I can't seem to figure out a routine that will work. It seems like every time I try something different it's a waste of money and my skin ends up worse than with my 'normal' routine which is about 80% of my goal...

lismore
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Def not me. I wish I had perfect skin but sadly I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyDayz
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I want to know too. Because my skin is horrible sad

Trixi.VonLace
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM
That's not me. I would love to know too though LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Calimommy132
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM
I don't have perfect skin, but compared to how my skin used to be (acne, oily, large pores), I'm very happy with how my skin is now. I personally think that your genes do have some effect on your skin (both my parents had acne growing up) but there are things you can do to improve your skin. What I do is take a pre natal everyday and drink LOTS of water. Having hydrated skin makes it look and feel healthier. I can always tell if I didn't drink enough water in a day, because when I wake up my skin looks dull and dry and I will break out. But if I keep my skin hydrated, I wake up pimple free, with a nice glow and hydrated skin. I try to drink water throughout the day and I try to stay away from sugary drinks as much as I can (sometimes ill allow myself a soda, you gotta induldge sometimes!!). I also have a big glass of water right before bed, and use a cleansing facial wash (Olay) twice a day (morning and before bed) that is oil free. I try to stay away from acne washes because they over dry my skin. What I do to keep my skin nice might not work for everyone, but it's the only thing that's worked for me so far and ive tried tons of products! :)
JessicaPoff
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Well I too drink lots of water and I eat fruits and veggies. etc... but my skin is yuck all the time. Very oily in my t-zone but dry everywhere else and peels. Also my skin in general every where else is very dry and sheds constantly. I always exfoliates with a sea salt but it still sheds like crazy especially when I get out of the tub and dry myself off. She can see the skin rolling away. My legs where my hair grows you can see the large pores when ever I shave my legs. And they stay red too for some reason. Can't figure that out yet. My back stays oily too and breaks out a lot when ever it starts to get warm out and you can wear short sleaves or tank tops. Go figure. But what really gets me more then anything is how easily I scar. I mean I can have a bump and not mess with it at all. But when it goes away it leaves this horrible scar. Or any knick or scratch always scars. I look like I am banged up, beat up, pink and red everywhere. I don't know whqt to do but welljust not worry about it I guess.

Quoting Calimommy132:

I don't have perfect skin, but compared to how my skin used to be (acne, oily, large pores), I'm very happy with how my skin is now. I personally think that your genes do have some effect on your skin (both my parents had acne growing up) but there are things you can do to improve your skin. What I do is take a pre natal everyday and drink LOTS of water. Having hydrated skin makes it look and feel healthier. I can always tell if I didn't drink enough water in a day, because when I wake up my skin looks dull and dry and I will break out. But if I keep my skin hydrated, I wake up pimple free, with a nice glow and hydrated skin. I try to drink water throughout the day and I try to stay away from sugary drinks as much as I can (sometimes ill allow myself a soda, you gotta induldge sometimes!!). I also have a big glass of water right before bed, and use a cleansing facial wash (Olay) twice a day (morning and before bed) that is oil free. I try to stay away from acne washes because they over dry my skin. What I do to keep my skin nice might not work for everyone, but it's the only thing that's worked for me so far and ive tried tons of products! :)

AriMommy
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I had gorgeous skin while on birth control pills, but I also had 20 extra pounds and horrible mood swings.  Currently pregnant with baby #2 and my skin is driving me crazy.  I had great skin with my first pregnancy, but this time around I feel like a teenager.  :(

mspecan_tan
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Def not me either .... I've been dealing with acne for as long as I knew what acne was.

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I used to, but severe stress a few years ago plus hormonal changes a couple of years after changed that though it's slowly returning to normal again.

My sister-in-law, on the other hand, has beautiful skin considering that she has sensitive skin that is prone to ezcema. After she was very ill we were very careful about any products she used and I introduced her to the Paula's Choice range of skin care and it really works well for her.

There was an article the other day somewhere that if you eat your fruits and vegetables daily, your skin will have subtle changes in colour and you'll look better. People might not be able to consciously tell the difference but they will perceive you as looking better than before. Here's the link to the article.

LoganTroyMom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM
ive bad acne problems basically forever. i finally went to a dermatologist and it made my skin GREAT.
then i got pregnant with ds2 and had to stop the creams. im bfing so i still cant use them. my skin looks AWFUL!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah man, he's mine and he'll a l w a y s be

The b e s t thing that ever happened to me

You can't turn it off like electricity

I love him u n c o n d i t i o n a l l y

I'll take the blame and claim him every time

Yeah, y'all, he's m i n e ♥ [L.A.H. T.A.H. D.A.H.]
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)