Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Who has perfect skin?

Posted by   + Show Post

Those who have perfect skin that never breaks out, never gets clogged pores and black heads, who's skin never scars... what is your secret? Is it genetics, eating healthy, working out physically, not getting in the sun, what?

I admire people with gorgeous skin. I wish my skin was perfect.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
LoganTroyMom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM
i will share one secret though.. egg yolks!!
put raw egg yolk on your face, let it dry, exfoliating scrub to get it off :) its full of vit a.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah man, he's mine and he'll a l w a y s be

The b e s t thing that ever happened to me

You can't turn it off like electricity

I love him u n c o n d i t i o n a l l y

I'll take the blame and claim him every time

Yeah, y'all, he's m i n e ♥ [L.A.H. T.A.H. D.A.H.]
mich.el.le
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I used to have awesome skin before kids and I treated it like crap.  I ate unhealthy, never drank water, washed it irregularly, etc. and it was awesome.  Since having kids my skin is horrible though and I treat it much better.  I have enlarged pores, breakouts, etc. and Idk how to fix it. :(

ShutterBug3
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I don't have perfect skin but I do have really good skin. I rarely get pimples anymore and my skin looks healthy. I do have good genetics which I think is part of it. For me it was just finding the right products for my skin and keeping up with the routine! A lot of women I know always wonder why they don't have great skin. Most of them will start a routine then not stick with it. I wash every morning in the shower, use a moisturizer for sensitive skin with SPF in it. At night I wash again and use more moisturizer as well as witch hazel. I do drink a decent amount of water as well.

If you want actual products here is what I use:

Mornings:

I use Olay Regenerist detoxifying Pore Scrub and Olay total effects Nourishing Cream Cleanser. I only use the scrub once every 2 days, the days I use the scrub I do not use the cream cleanser.

Moisturizer I use is Olay complete all day UV moisturizer with SPF 15 for sensitive skin.

At night:

I use Equate Original Clean facial cleansing towelettes. You can get these at wal-mart for cheap and they work great.

After this I pat my face dry then go over my whole face with a cotton round saturated with witch hazel.

use 2 pumps of Clean and Clear dual action moisturizer, let it sit for a minute then use Olay age defying intensive nourishing night cream.

Morning and night I use Olay age defying revitalizing eye gel

Make sure to never rub your face dry, always pat it gently.

This is what my skin looks like. I only have on eye make-up and a very small amount of powder foundation.

I have to take my kid somewhere real quick but when I get back I will snap a quick photo of what my skin looks like with no make-up.

ShutterBug3
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok..I am back. I just washed my face, did not get every bit of eye make-up off but I got the mass majority of my make-up off,so you can pretty much see what my skin looks like.

johnnybgood
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I dont think anyone has perfect skin. Those who look like they have perf skin probably dont. I'm just thankful my skin doesn't hate me most days lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chillisarah
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Not me.  My skin is average and not perfect, but my great-grandmother had perfect skin.  I mean just lovely and flawless even until she was in her 90s.  I asked her secret and she said she uses oil of olay everyday for many many years.  So now I started using it.

mommy091011
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:52 PM

my skins not too bad. i mean once a month i get a pimple right on my chin but i think its from when i eat peanuts lol. my husband told me when he first met me " your skin is so even and smooth" lol it kind of gave me the kreeps but i thought it was just a unique compliment. his friend told him i had perfect skin later on too when we were all at the pool. haha. i use a face masque. i used to work for a dermatologist and i use it like once a week. i hate buying serums and cleansers so i make my stuff at home =] i posted my masque in the group posts called "the perfect face masque" lol i use it on my bum too and it looks shinny and tight and lifted and i dont work out at all accept the 10 min walk i take my son on every other day. =] try it out i got it from my doctor =] tel me what you think.

my doctor said also to remind yourself of the "3,2,1" rule. 3 days to see results with anything you do, 2 weeks to be cured/fixed/or have the problem gone, and 1 week off from the product so your skin doesnt get immune to the product. =] hope this all helps.

kristileigh112
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I have good skin, but I think it's just genetics. Me and my older sister have good skin and a different biological father than my 3 younger siblings that all have really bad skin :/ I have always drank a lot of water and I eat healthy :)

littlemascara
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I don't have perfect skin, no one does.  I do have good skin thugh.

I don't sunbathe, I ALWAYS wear SPF, I quit smoking and even when I'm damn near dying I always wash my face and do my skin care routine.  I always wear a serum, face cream, eye cream and a cream for neck/chest.  I've been doing that since my 20's and I really don't have wrinkles.  I'm 42.  I don't have acne, sun spots, or clogged pores very often.  I was in he ER with my DD after she was in a fender bender and the nurse asked if I went to school with her, she's 17.  No, I don't look 17.  But most people are surprised I am 42, they guess at least 10 year younger.  I spend a lot of time caring for my skin.  I gently exfoliate (don't use crushed fruit pits, etc because they are much too harsh).  I do masks according to what my skin needs, I don't pick at any acne that does pop up.

I do use an RX retinol (.1% Obagi), and truly any DR will tell you retinol (OTC or RX) is the BEST thing you can do for acne, wrinkles, tone... but you HAVE to be 100% compliant with sunscreen.

Ladies, PLEASE don't sunbathe.  It ages you and you will get cancer.  I just had 2 cancers removed and boy am I glad the scars are not on my face, and I doubt I've gone without sunscreen since I was 25.  So don't think you can sneak it in just because you're young.  Tanning beds are 100x worse than a day at the beach.  You know that old lady in "There's Something About Mary"?  That's where tanning leads you. Get a good self tanner or embrace your natural skin tone.

littlemascara
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM

you have beautiful skin! keep doing whatyou're doing!

Quoting ShutterBug3:

Ok..I am back. I just washed my face, did not get every bit of eye make-up off but I got the mass majority of my make-up off,so you can pretty much see what my skin looks like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN