Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Red Carpet gel nails

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:53 PM
  • 12 Replies
Has anyone tried the Red Carpet at home gel nail kit? I love to do my nails, but regular nail polish chips within a day or so. I thought maybe this would be better...

Opinions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenny0709
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Never heard of them.

ygarcia1219
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:26 AM

My friend saw these in an infomercial! She is a nail technician and is thinking of getting back in the game. She was impressed. Have you heard of Jamberry Nails? I'm a rep. They are nail shields that last 2-3 weeks on the nails and up to 6 weeks on the toes. Here is my website if you want to check out the styles: www.yessyg.jamberrynails.com If my friend orders the red carpet nails kit, I'll let you know.

KBS-mom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:59 PM
I'm a cosmetologist & did gel nails while in school. They sell the at home kit at Ulta (local beauty store) now, and I think I might try them out... I'll also take a look at your site, sounds interesting. =)

Quoting ygarcia1219:

My friend saw these in an infomercial! She is a nail technician and is thinking of getting back in the game. She was impressed. Have you heard of Jamberry Nails? I'm a rep. They are nail shields that last 2-3 weeks on the nails and up to 6 weeks on the toes. Here is my website if you want to check out the styles: www.yessyg.jamberrynails.com If my friend orders the red carpet nails kit, I'll let you know.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ygarcia1219
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Oh really KBS you're a cosmetologist? That's pretty neat! Yeah let me know what you think of both.

Quoting KBS-mom:

I'm a cosmetologist & did gel nails while in school. They sell the at home kit at Ulta (local beauty store) now, and I think I might try them out... I'll also take a look at your site, sounds interesting. =)

Quoting ygarcia1219:

KBS-mom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Yes, got my license at the beginning of March. =) ... The Jamberry nails look awesome!!! I've tried the Avon & bought done Sally Hanson ones, but haven't used them yet. The Avon ones lasted about a week. I really liked them though... Because I use my hands in hair all day though, do you really think they'd last 2-3 weeks?

Quoting ygarcia1219:

Oh really KBS you're a cosmetologist? That's pretty neat! Yeah let me know what you think of both.

Quoting KBS-mom:

Quoting ygarcia1219:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ygarcia1219
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow licensed cosmetologist and nail technicians are golden in Jamberry. We are always asking the licensed gals for tips - lol. Yeah I remember when Avon sold them and we loved them, but they stopped selling them, but yeah they only lasted a week. Sally Hanson and all the other imitations work the same way, but do not last as long as Jamberry. When we do home parties, we have the guests apply a competiton nail shield, nail polish, and a Jamberry nail shield to each person's fingers and have them wear all 3 so they can see that Jamberry outlasts. But here is a testimony that I found on our group page:

"I work at a Salon and i applied them to one of my stylists and she washed hair, did color, and they held up awesome! The color just rubs right off of the nail shield. I also have a client who is a stylist as well and she did 46 shampoos before having to remove the shields! She was VERY happy!!!"

Something to think about.

Quoting KBS-mom:

Yes, got my license at the beginning of March. =) ... The Jamberry nails look awesome!!! I've tried the Avon & bought done Sally Hanson ones, but haven't used them yet. The Avon ones lasted about a week. I really liked them though... Because I use my hands in hair all day though, do you really think they'd last 2-3 weeks?

Quoting ygarcia1219:

johnnybgood
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Sounds cool. But I'd only buy it if I knew for sure if it was going to work like real salon gel!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymama0710
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Sounds cool but never heard if them before this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Never even heard of them, sounds interesting though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:14 AM

I havent tried the gel nail kits but I use Gelous and Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat and I have no problem with my nails chipping at all.

http://marcisnails.blogspot.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN