Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

Mini cupcake (nail art)

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Cupcake nail design

My daughter has always watched me work and my focus has been mostly hair color and cutting, and makeup. But I've been getting into doing more nails lately & she's been interested in nail designs and saw the cupcake ones. She's 6 & we've always joked about her loving sweets like donuts cupcakes, & ice cream although of course I don't allow that as a regular thing, just birthdays, special occasions, etc.

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to try a cupcake design on her thumb. Since little girl nails are so much smaller it actually took up her whole nail, lol.

She liked it though. Simple and girly and fun. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trixi.VonLace
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

sooo cute!!! I really like that!!!

ShutterBug3
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww, cute.

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM

That's really cute!

monkeymama0710
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Love it! So cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamisAngels
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Thanks, Ladies. :-)

After painting it I decided to try using it as an incentive. My daughter is a thumb-sucker and nothing I've tried has worked to get her to stop. Just turning 6 and being in Kindergarten I would have hoped she'd outgrown it by now. The Dr of course said leave her, she'd outgrow it in her own time.  And I can't complain too much. It isn't all the time, mostly when she's at home and relaxed/tired/sleepy, or the same in the car.

Well, since I painted it on her thumb, I told her it would last longer if she kept it out of her mouth, and that if I didn't catch her sucking her thumb I'd do a new design for her every week. Bribery maybe? =/ lol

Well, she's been loving the cupcake, checking for chipping etc. Although I have caught her with her thumb maybe twice, she has been doing better. I guess she's more conscious because there's something cute on it that she doesn't want to mess up, lol.

Now I've gotta find more designs that will work so I keep my end of the deal. ;-) hahah

pixiemg1
by Amy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

That looks really cute!!  

BellaTragedia
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Cute! I love cupcakes!

EDDES
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:46 AM

That is so cute.little flower

loriec
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Quoting MamisAngels:

After painting it I decided to try using it as an incentive. My daughter is a thumb-sucker and nothing I've tried has worked to get her to stop. Just turning 6 and being in Kindergarten I would have hoped she'd outgrown it by now. The Dr of course said leave her, she'd outgrow it in her own time.  And I can't complain too much. It isn't all the time, mostly when she's at home and relaxed/tired/sleepy, or the same in the car.

Well, since I painted it on her thumb, I told her it would last longer if she kept it out of her mouth, and that if I didn't catch her sucking her thumb I'd do a new design for her every week. Bribery maybe? =/ lol

Well, she's been loving the cupcake, checking for chipping etc. Although I have caught her with her thumb maybe twice, she has been doing better. I guess she's more conscious because there's something cute on it that she doesn't want to mess up, lol.

Now I've gotta find more designs that will work so I keep my end of the deal. ;-) hahah

That's great!

Dr says grow out of it...ha! not all just grow out of it. I have cousins who are grown with kids,I used to see do that   ....no kidding and my cousin that did was a older lady, when I was a kid becase her kids were grown then...lol,it's a sight to see! .

My son still sucks his thumb and he's going on 8! he doesn't do it as much as he used to. I never let him be,I tell him stop sucking your thumb!  or if I catch him,I say get your thumb out your mouth! it's a bad habit so I disagree with the doc.  I haven't seen him do it recently now that I think of it. 

If you can use nail polish designs as a incentive that is cool...for girls that is. Because noway am I painting cupcakes on my son's nail for thumb sucking intervention.....lol

MamisAngels
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting loriec:

Quoting MamisAngels:

That's great!

Dr says grow out of it...ha! not all just grow out of it. I have cousins who are grown with kids,I used to see do that   ....no kidding and my cousin that did was a older lady, when I was a kid becase her kids were grown then...lol,it's a sight to see! .

My son still sucks his thumb and he's going on 8! he doesn't do it as much as he used to. I never let him be,I tell him stop sucking your thumb!  or if I catch him,I say get your thumb out your mouth! it's a bad habit so I disagree with the doc.  I haven't seen him do it recently now that I think of it. 

If you can use nail polish designs as a incentive that is cool...for girls that is. Because noway am I painting cupcakes on my son's nail for thumb sucking intervention.....lol

Haha, very true. I remember a cousin of mine who used to but instead of her thumb it was her index finger or something. I was much younger than her. I'm not sure if she still does.

My middle son just turned 8 & he still does as well, and like my cousin it's his index finger not his thumb. But, I disagree w/the Dr too. Germs, teeth shifting, etc. It's definitely a bad habit to break. I'll have to be consistent w/designs to see if it works for my daughter. And you're right, I won't be painting cupcakes on my boy's nails either, lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)