Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

My Secret To Removing Glitter Polish

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you always have a problem removing glitter polishes? I remember I always hated removing them and I constantly wear them because they are always gorgeous! I have always seen tips for removing them and nothing really works that well. Even during beauty school, it took us forever to remove them off of our nails. I know some people like doing the foil method but that is just a bit of a pain to me and I don't like wasting my foil either. I have always used cotton balls or cotton pads for removing polishes and I still do use them if they aren't a glitter polish.

One day I was wanting to remove my glitter polish and I was trying everything possible to remove it and I swear it wasn't coming off. I was trying for a good 10 to 15 minutes to get it off one nail and I was so fed up with it. I was looking through stuff and saw a piece of felt that I had so I thought I guess I will try this out and see if it helps any. Sure enough..it was amazing! I put the remover on the piece of felt and let it soak on my nail for only a few seconds and it came off with ease! Since then I have been buying pieces of felt and cutting them up into pieces and using them for removing my glitter polishes.
You can find felt from places like Walmart, Target, or your local craft stores and they are so cheap. They are about 15-20 cents a sheet.

Here is what I do!

I take my sheet of felt and cut it into 10 long strips.

Then I take each strip and cut it into 6 squares.

I end up with 60 pieces total! So you get plenty out of one sheet!

I put my acetone remover on them and let them all soak on my nails for a few seconds. You don't have to do them all at once if you don't want to. I just did it this way to show you all.

This is from just rubbing the polish off once! See how much it takes off! It is amazing!

And this is after I removed all the polish off! It works so well. Whatever is left in those hard to get spots, I take my clean up brush and dip it into acetone and remove them with it.

http://marcisnails.blogspot.com/

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaitlynherring
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Awesome tip thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:51 AM

brilliant!!

erienne06
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Thanks for sharing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:35 AM

That's such a simple but really good solution. Thank you for sharing!

ShutterBug3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM

That is great. I usually soak my nails in remover, I like this method better!

MamisAngels
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:53 AM
That's a great tip! Makes sense too since felt is thicker, tougher than a cotton ball.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemg1
by Amy on May. 1, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I use this method too but the only thing I do different is I wrap my finger in foil.  It works great for big chunky glitter.

Trixi.VonLace
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Hu, I never would have guessed it! I have TONS of felt laying around LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monkeymama0710
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Very cool!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mspecan_tan
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Nice tip!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN