Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

The extras.

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 14 Replies

Do you use alot of extras in your look? Like do you wear alot of makeup, how much accessories do you use? Do you tan alot? How many are all natural?

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loriec
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I wear makeup but not alot everyday. A little concealer,a brush of powdered mineral makeup,eyeliner,mascara and gloss can go along way. Of I wear eyeshadow too but not always. A clean natral yet enhanced look is often  my quick go too.   My skin has no tan now but I do like to be darker my powder is darker like a bronzer,maybe I will get some Jergens to add a tanned look to my skin.  I don't like to look like a fake thou...lol

I can go heavier,makeup and accessories...in fact I do feel naked without earrings,I like necklaces,I love bangles and a ring is good too! When I do all the extra I feel like a model!lol

Vicariously
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM

All Natural (Mostly...I do wear makeup of course. lol). Never tanned, dyed my hair or worn acrylics... I don't do a lot of accessories either. I'm kinda boring to be honest.

ae86mommy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I dye my hair sometimes. I tan once a week, sometimes twice. I wear eye makeup and lip gloss, never foundation. I love accessories. I guess i'm not super natural lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mspecan_tan
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Never tan, makeup most days, I don't do alot of accessories, I'm so comfortable its insane. Flip flops are a must for me. My hair is in a pony tail this week due to rain and workout issues.

mspecan_tan
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Haha ... me too. I feel like I need to spice up my life but I refuse to breakout of my comfort zone.

Quoting Vicariously:

All Natural (Mostly...I do wear makeup of course. lol). Never tanned, dyed my hair or worn acrylics... I don't do a lot of accessories either. I'm kinda boring to be honest.

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:52 PM

No make-up most days unless I have a meeting, but hardly any make-up then, either. I do have lash extensions and I do dye my hair around once a month. I have tan skin so no need to tan :-)

Jewellery - depends on my mood but much less now than before. Just nice handbags and shoes.

Sarah5708Emma
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:06 PM
My hair is colored, I do that like every 6-8 week's or so. I don't have my nails done right now, but I paint them almost every day. I have been wearing makeup almost evey day lately because I've gotten new stuff and I love it. Usually I wear moisturizer, mineral foundation and blush, a tiny bit of bronzer, and mascara. Sometimes I add some eyeshadow and liner, usually when I'm going some where. My accessories are pretty boring, but I do like earrings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah5708Emma
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Oh and I accessorize with my bags and shoes. Not a really big jewelry person. But I have tons of shoes and bags to switch around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemascara
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I never, never, never tan.  but I Loooooooooooooooooooove jewelry!  I love to layer, I spend moretime deciding that than my clothes.  

MamisAngels
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Just last night I was telling hubby I need to do something with my hair. Then I stopped and said "wait, no I don't, for 25+ years my hair was all natural, no color, highlights or anything. Until I went to beauty school."
Even then I said I wouldn't cut or color my hair. I did well till more than halfway through. By the time I was done, I had a pixie cut with strategically placed pieces purple. And of course acrylics were part of the process. Refills and new designs every 2-3 weeks. It was fun.

Now I'm closest to natural with my hair, its just to my shoulders, letting it grow out. Haven't done acrylics on my nails in years. And don't accessorize much except for colored scarves.

Now...how long I'll be able to stay this way...I'm resisting the urge! It's hard when this is what I do for a living and I enjoy helping others look their best. Not that I don't think I'm at my best, just routine I guess. Since spring started I've been wanting to brighten up my dark brown hair a bit with just a few highlights. But hubby says he likes it as is. So I'm being patient with myself, lol. Makeup I like natural but also alternate with fun colors and smokey eye looks.

But I don't think natural is boring. It's fun to be who you are. It's embracing ourselves, flaws and all, and being confident with it. :-)
Quoting Vicariously:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN