Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beauty 101 Beauty 101

perfect face masque (reduces celulite too)

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

DIY-

1 pack oatmeal(flavors will just add to the scents!=])

1/4 cup yogurt(for dry skin) 1 slightly whipped eggwhite (for oily/acne skin)

1/3 cup freshly brewed coffee (not decaf) -this helps with the cellulite by dehydrating fat cells.

stir into a paste like a clay masque would look and apply -wait for 15 min then rinse off. apply moisturizer as needed if needed.(petroleum jelly is the best, just a pinch)

*treat your bum too! shower with really warm water for about 10 min on your bum to open up the blood flow and the pores and then scrub with a bit of white sugar or salt and some olive oil with body soap(this makes a body scrub that exfoliates and hydrates) then towel dry and apply the same masque as above and then rinse and apply petroleum jelly*

i learned this while working for an OD Dr. that spent some time specializing in dermatology before pursuing family practice. the OD apparently represents the "more natural" approach to healing before you go surgical or steroidal.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BellaTragedia
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Great mask recipe! Thanks for the tip!

mommy091011
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

No problem! have a ton of these tricks that i learned working there. ask me anything and ill tell you what she would do. the only thing is i would be in the back making this stuff and writing it all down for the patient and then realize shes charging at least $125.00 a visit and then shes sending them home to buy more ingredients or charging them like $40 a serum or whatever they are getting aand the patients insurance never covers this stuff becasue its not preventative of a major diseas or illness and its not a major diseas or illness itsself. i mean some stuff was covered .... but you know? lol

Quoting BellaTragedia:

Great mask recipe! Thanks for the tip!

mommy091011
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:42 PM

BUMP!

Vicariously
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Thats a good one. I might have to try it =) I always try to take a natural approach when I can.

jenny0709
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Nice! Thanks for the recipe i might try this. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)