Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foundation question

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi I just joined the group! I have used the mineral foundation from Lancôme for years...before that I used Estée Lauder cream foundation and the liquid foundation from Clinique. My Lancôme is almost finished, and wanted something new. Basically I don't need heavy coverage, especially with the weather getting warmer. Are there any drugstore brands you ladies have tried? Or any products that work well? Thanks for reading!
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (11-15):
Vicariously
by Me on May. 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I just bough Physicians Formula Airbrushing Pressed Mineral Powder foundation (Now a DS brand). So far I really like it. I literally bought it 2 days ago, so I have to wear it a couple more times before I can do a good review. I can say that I use it over liquid as a finishing powder. If you used it alone it would be a very light coverage. It's talc free and SPF 30.

Dollyrot
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM

ELF mineral foundation. It's pretty great.

crysta82
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM
I love my L'Oréal True Match. It has a light coverage and blends super good.
alibrezzy154
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM

never been a fan of mineral foundations. right now i'm in love with this! 

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/healthy+skin+liquid+makeup.do?sortby=ourPicks

MamisAngels
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I have to agree. I may be biased as a consultant ;-) lol
But before trying Mary Kay I tried so many others that I was completely unsatisfied with.

With Mary Kay's I like the even coverage, the light feel and the flawless finish. I have combination oily skin so I don't like heavy feeling foundation.

I like the options Mary Kay has with tinted moisturizer as a lightweight sheer coverage, liquid foundations in medium, luminous or matte coverage, and a variety of powders from Creme-to-powder, pressed powder, mineral powder, etc.

I've tried almost all of the varieties and have been satisfied with each. Especially with the shade matching. I used to not be able to find the right shade in other brands. But Mary Kay has my shade in several of their options.
Quoting mspecan_tan:

I love Mary Kay as well .... I even have the liquid.

Quoting OkieMom2673:

I love mary kays mineral foundation! Love love love it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)